Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
04-03-2016, 01:18 AM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
(04-02-2016 02:50 AM)August700212 Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 08:29 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote:  You have to try Secrets of the Lost Tomb. It's Eldritch, Arkham and Betrayal at House on the Hill all mixed in together.

You got my atention, tell us more about Secrtets of the Lost Tomb.

Well, first you have to overlook the typos. I think the designer, Chris Bartalis, did it pretty much all on his own. He could have done with a proof reader. But anyway, the game is scenario-based, although you can replay any of the scenarios over and over. You're pulp adventurers in a three-levelled tomb/dungeon that opens up in the exact same way as Betrayal. Depending on the tile revealed, you may get a scenario advance, a trap, or an adventure (which is identical to EH/AH, read a card and pass or fail, etc). You're trying to find stuff to buff up your characters, who have stats in 5 areas (again, just like EH, even down to the improvement tokens) and find weapons. End of each round monsters spawn - and the game throws pretty much every sort of monster you can think of at you - all getting in the way of whatever you're trying to do.

You'll be rolling tons of dice. Ten is pretty standard, I think the most I've done so far is twenty-two (but, to be fair, that was with Amelia Earhart and a rocket launcher). Games are long, 3 hours or more, and Arkham-level fiddly with all the combat modifiers and stuff. Just my sort of thing.

If it was made by FFP it would be insanely good. As it is, even with the mistakes it has, it's a blast.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - FruitEatingBear - 04-03-2016 01:18 AM