Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
03-30-2018, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2018 04:28 PM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: What games have you bought recently?
Smog: On her Majesties Service- another COMON KS I passed up . It was 2-4 Players and not
Solo Friendly and the theme of Gathering up various items in a magical Shadow Market to present
Oberon the Fairy King with by Queen Victoria was a tad much to allow me any game immersion.

Recently I noticed that it was selling at below $40(with shipping) and took a second look as
the Game is really beautiful & the mechanics are ingenious . But there was still the Oberon bit (sigh).

Then it hit me the whole Shadow Market thing reminded me of the Nightside from Simon R, Green's
books.( I posted about these books on the Literature Board).I could re-theme the Game keeping
the Victorian Era London (it goes with the art work) but replacing the Oberon/Queen Victoria thing with a
power struggle between the Clubs( the players in the Game).

Everything else just falls into place; the Shadow Market is the Nightside, The Shadow Master is the
Nightside Administration and the starting location the Esplanade becomes Strangefellows- the oldest
bar in the world. The Clubs & Agents are already part of Nightside books.

Other than the Fluff changes the Game plays as is nothing beyond the theme is changed. So I pulled
the trigger and it's scheduled for delivery in about a week.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 03-30-2018 02:39 PM