Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
01-13-2021, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2021 07:04 PM by rpgspree.)
RE: What games have you bought recently?
(01-08-2021 07:54 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I'd really like to play Arkham Horror. I'm a huge Lovecraft fan and I have his complete works (fiction). I've just never had the chance to play it. I think I'll have to buy it one day.
Although, aren't there loads and loads of expansions?
Are they easy to still get?
Can it be compared to A Touch of Evil?

These questions go out to anyone who knows about this game.Zombie17

I don't have Touch of Evil and haven't gotten around to playing Arkham Horror yet, so I can't comment too much about either. Judging from the components and game setup, AH seems to be a "bigger" game with almost twice as many cards. The ones that get played somewhat depend on which case you play and which leads you successfully follow. The 2nd edition has a ton of expansions, some requiring extensions to the board to add new locations. Apparently they realized how clunky that was and so in the 3rd edition, the one I have, they switched to interlocking tiles that can be expanded seamlessly. Because of the changes, it's incompatible with previous editions. Consider it another reboot of the franchise. So far it has three expansions. I might get them, eventually, but I'll see how the base game goes first.

Honestly, the only reason I was able to get it was because I got it on an auction for a decent price. The expansions for 3rd edition came out in 2019 and 2020, so they should be still available. Some of the early ones for 2nd edition are almost 15 years old now and are probably getting rare.

When all else fails...run like hell!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - rpgspree - 01-13-2021 06:55 PM