Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
01-14-2021, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2021 02:18 PM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: What games have you bought recently?
I've been in a rut for several weeks .I've been playing my KS "The few & the cursed"& it just went on & on so I lost interest.
Then I got "twitchy" (which happens when I don't get a game fix) & picked up Peterson's Games "Evil High Priest" & it's two
Expansions but alas I'm still not motivated to take The Few & the Cursed off the Table & set up Evil High Priest.

Sam- Arkham Horror I do have the Game & all Expansions (2nd edition) & I much prefer Eldritch Horror mainly due to
Eldritch being more themewise. In Arkham although you are fighting a specific GOO you get a grab bag of monsters not
related to the GOO your fighting that parade around the Streets.In Eldritch the encounters are keyed to the GOO your
fighting plus it's more than just running around closing Gates & it's a world wide campaign.

Thus in Eldritch you can delve into the Dreamlands ,The Mts of Madness & othe locations featured in the Mythos.

OD

In replying to the above I realize that I have been lazy in updating over the last year so here's the rest of 2020.

Zombicide - Dark Side & Dark Ops (+ extra Tiles)- I know I'm not a Zombie fan but the Theme of these Games just
tied into one of my favorite Board Games "Gears of War"

All Expansions I didn't have for COMON's SMOG series 'On Her Majesties Service" & Rise of the Morlach".

COMON's Cthulhu-Death May Die base Game & 3 Expansions- this blows Mansions of Madness out of the water for me.

So I hope let my plastic rest some in 2021 but maybe the 2 preordered Expansions for F&G will show up this year?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 01-14-2021 01:50 PM