Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
03-29-2021, 09:24 AM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
We recently found a great deal on Mansions of Madness 2nd ed. Haven't got it to the table yet as apparently some assembly is required and the glue I had dried out from lack of use. :/ Just recently got Arkham Horror 3rd ed. to the table and finished the first scenario with three players. Also manged to borrow Arkham Horror the card game and play through the entire base campaign.

Both are a bit more complicated than we're used to, especially with the different rules for each monster and scenario. AHCG has more variety of locations through each scenario, as each location is just another card. AH3 is a bit more limited in that regard, but it still has many places to visit and more unique interactions with each one. The way AHCG handled items however is far more complicated and cumbersome than AH3, and the two player limit without an expansion is a huge bummer.

AHCG is enjoyable, as we did play the campaign, but we prefer AH3 overall. The last two points especially swayed our opinion. AHCG is an LCG with a ton more expansions though, so that may be better or worse depending how you look at it.

Looking forward to taking Mansions out for a spin sometime too. Now that I got my family into it, that will likely be sooner than later. Zombie17

When all else fails...run like hell!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - rpgspree - 03-29-2021 09:24 AM