Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
04-02-2021, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2021 10:13 AM by Raynor.)
RE: What games have you bought recently?
(03-30-2021 09:14 AM)rpgspree Wrote:  CDMD looks interesting, but way out of my budget right now. We only got MoM by luck. That's probably the last big $$$ game we'll get for awhile. Need to get what we have to the table more. MoM2 has an app for the DM part. Some were really put off by that, but others hated the DM management of the original, so it's a bit of a mixed bag I suppose. I'll let you know when we manage to get into it.

The whole keeper aspect being offloaded to the app dropped set up time from 30-40 minutes to like 5-10. I don't own the game but I have a friend who has had everything from both editions. I feel like 2E took the game from a neat oddity to a real contender in the space. I understand preferring avoiding an app and manually managing all the complex mechanisms of the game, but you know some people prefer Linux to Windows or Apple too. If you like more complex stuff you know who you are. Otherwise, 2E delivers a much more manageable and enjoyable experience. I still prefer C:DMD to it, but they're really very different games. DMD is an action game while MoM is all about the vibe and the experience.

I just broke down and picked up a used copy of Arkham Horror 3E for cheap. I've played it 3 times at a friend's house and it has grown in my estimation with every play. It's weird because they removed all my favorite aspects from the 2nd Edition of the game (primarily gates and the otherworlds), so initially I still preferred 2E. The things they did focus on improving though - story and pacing, have been dramatically improved though. So much so, that every game has been nail bitingly memorable.

Very happy to have it in my collection. I really love adventure games, and while I don't find any of the Fantasy Flight Lovecraft games as much fun as A Touch of Evil, they bring a lot of great variety to the genre.

I'm avoiding the AH card game for now despite it's great reviews. I tried Lord of the Rings a few years back and I got a little wallet fatigue trying to keep up with it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - Raynor - 04-02-2021 10:10 AM