Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
04-05-2021, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2021 10:45 AM by Raynor.)
RE: What games have you bought recently?
(04-02-2021 12:25 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Raynor our opinions of AH3 are same but I think FFG covered the Gate Mechanic with Anomalies & Gate Burst. I've only played 2 Scenarios
but 1 of them had a modified version of another world so perhaps other Scenarios may have them as well.The new Expansion coming out
later this year features the Underworld.Now if they could do Dunwich.

I don't like Card Games but I did pick up AH & an Expansion but never got passed the rules, maybe I'll give it another try someday but its money
pit so perhaps it's best to let sleeping Card Games lie.

OD

The Anomalies & Gate Burst mechanics in AH3E are mechanically better than the gates in 2E, but I found the absence of art and names of specific dimensions dropped the immersion level for emergent story telling in my mind's eye. Luckily they did a major uptick in the actual story telling everywhere else so it still came out net positive. (Looking forward to the expansions. I've learned my lesson to buy FFG expansions for the games you like while they're still in print)

I grew up with this book on my shelf and the art of the gates in 2E coupled with the specificity of the different dimensions (Dream Lands. The Abyss. etc) really tapped into my imagination.

[Image: 245925.jpg]

I'm fairly certain the fully fleshed out gates and other worlds is about 75% of why I like Shadows of Brimstone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - Raynor - 04-05-2021 10:42 AM