Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
09-07-2021, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2021 11:33 AM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: What games have you bought recently?
Horrified:American Monsters(yes OD BGG Games Crack Habit is getting out of control)

The Blurb:In this co-operative game, you face off against classic American nightmarish beasts: Bigfoot, Mothman, the Jersey Devil, the Chupacabra,
the Banshee of the Badlands, and the Ozark Howler. The more creatures in the game, the harder the challenge, with players needing to use their
unique powers to figure out how to defeat each monster.

This is a standalone version of Horrified:Universal Monsters which featured the Wolfman,Dracula & other movie monsters.Both Games
use similar mechanics & are played on a Board Map of a Town (each Game has a different Town).I didn't bite on the movie monsters
& my sense of Theme doesn't carry over to having a small town overun with unrelated monsters (hated this in 1st & 2nd Arkham Horror) .

The American Cryptids did however appeal to me so I preordered (due in October).It's a medium light Game ,all the Monsters have
unique ways to defeat them & the Heroes all have a special Ability.The Monsters are controlled by a Card AI & the Heroes must visit
various Locations in Town to acquire Items to help them take on the monsters. Meanwhile the monsters are tracking them & an a
unlucky hero can wind up in the hospital( nothing new but it hangs together well).

The Game has 6 Monster figs & 7 Standees for the Heroes(there are 7 Types-occupations)

It has a Solo mode for 1 Hero ( the Terror Track starts at 3 rather than 0) but still uses multiple Monsters so I'll be damned if
I let the Jersey Devil in the same town as Mothman I worked out Solo Rules for using just 1 Monster v 1 Hero looks good but
can't play test until the Game arrives.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 09-07-2021 11:29 AM