Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
09-22-2021, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2021 12:53 AM by Raynor.)
RE: What games have you bought recently?
I've heard a lot of good things about the original Horrified from my old gaming group and this upcoming one also looks pretty interesting. I wanted to demo it at Gen con this year but Everytime I passed the table it was pretty packed. Do let us know how you like it!

We picked up a little game called Tentacle Town at the con which is more or less a thematic worker placement for kids where you have to fight loads of tentacles that are constantly threatening your sea side settlement. There are big rubbery plastic tentacles to toss around the board which is a lot of fun. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone here but looks like a blast to play with a younger audience.

Up till now the Flying Frog games on simple mode were the main games I was using to introduce the next generation of my family to the hobby, and while those are certainly favorites, it's nice to expand the library of simpler titles with strong presence.

We also demoed 6 Siege, though I'm not a backer, and found it was actually way more fun than I was expecting. I even lost, and still had a grand time. I think the pledge manager is still up on Gamefound so if you'd been considering it and have the 2nd player to game with consistently, I'd give it my full recommendation. That being said, I think everything is heading to retail at some point or another so I'm sure it'll be available for quite some time. The guy who dragged me over to play is all in after our game so I don't have to think about it.

The Flying Frog booth was amazing, and I was able to use the opportunity to catch up on A Touch of Evil and Shadows of Brimstone card packs. Also picked up a Fortune and Glory pin for my lanyard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - Raynor - 09-22-2021 12:44 AM