Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
01-10-2023, 06:51 PM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
The Rise & Fall of Anvalor-a Wizkids Game with an Age of Sigmar Warhammer Theme.
I have made a serious effort to curtail my Game buying of late but the Mechanics of this
Game interested me & my game willpower sucks.

This Game came out in 2019 & I never heard of it but recently it's been advertised all over
the Web, originally a $50- $60 Game it's been offered at deep discount prices (I guess a lot
of stores got stuck with copies & decided to unload. I picked it up for $20US.)

It's a Tile Placement nicely coordinated with the Age of Sigmar Warhammer Theme.It has
6 Sigmar Factions ,the Game supports up to 4 against 1 of 3 AI Factions (Orruk,Chaos,Skaven).

It's semi-cooperative but only Faction can win & a Solo Mode is included(1 Faction vs the AI.)

The Game takes place in a City (Anvalor) which the Forces of Sigmar are trying to build
& must defend again an onslaught of Enemy Invaders.

The Game is overproduced with a massive number of thick Tiles,5 types of dice,120 Sigmar Faction
Tiles & 24 Aspect Tiles & 66 Enemy Tiles,20 City Building Tiles & 60 Influence Tokens plus a thick Hard
Board Game Board.

I'll be interested to get it on the table.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - Old Dwarf - 01-10-2023 06:51 PM