Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cornfield
03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Cornfield
Here's how we play it.
Hero is in the cornfield. Zombie moves into hero's space and rolls to find hero. Zombie comes up short, no fight.
Hero turn, if hero doesn't leave the space he/she must fight zombie. Same goes for entering any cornfield space with a zombie in it when entered by a hero.
That right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: Cornfield
For my group the zombie must try to find the hero in the hero turn too...

The cornfield didn't disappeared from the zombie round to the hero....

At least is how i think...
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
(03-20-2012 07:45 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  For my group the zombie must try to find the hero in the hero turn too...

The cornfield didn't disappeared from the zombie round to the hero....

At least is how i think...

We play it this way as well. Still, a hero may choose to attack a zombie in his turn without rolling. Just following the mumbling sound and chopping away. We did this because we played the scenario die zombies die and the zombieplayer had a lot of zombies in the cornfield, and because of that rule, we didn't manage to kill enough of them in time. (we constantly rolled 1s and 2s to find them, and the same for him in his round)

Hope this is useful.
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi...ummmmm A zombie must roll to find a Hero in the cornfeild, always, either players turn.

Darn thing are so slow and stupid. They cant tell the difference between your ear and the corn Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-20-2012, 09:08 PM
(03-20-2012 09:06 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi...ummmmm A zombie must roll to find a Hero in the cornfeild, always, either players turn.

Darn thing are so slow and stupid. They cant tell the difference between your ear and the corn Watchmen02

I know, i just stated our houserule. I reread my post and i notice that this wasn't really clear. Watchmen02 my bad.
03-21-2012, 05:46 AM
we play it, as the zombie must roll, to move into the space with the hero
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
(03-21-2012 05:46 AM)Spidey NZ Wrote:  we play it, as the zombie must roll, to move into the space with the hero

hmmmmm ? I play it as Zombie Hunger pulls them into the space and needs to roll to Attack them. I will have to consult the L Borad

Fun things to do, not for the Zombie player Insane19 Amanda is awesome in the cornfeild. Give her a good weapon and let her suck all the zombies in. Between the Cornfield ability, her hide ability, and finally a good weapon bonus. Amanda can halt the zombies movement and devistate them if found. Ive once had 6 zombie basically trapped in the cornfeild. 6 of 14 is annoying.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
03-21-2012, 02:13 PM
(03-21-2012 05:46 AM)Spidey NZ Wrote:  we play it, as the zombie must roll, to move into the space with the hero

that's is kind a wrong... the zombie move and get's stucked as PJON said....

but i agree with lwsaki posted if a hero actively tries to fight a zombie and start a fight... the roll could be dismissed...
03-22-2012, 12:38 AM
So to clarify, most folks play like so:

Zombie must always roll to find the hero, even if the hero remains in the same space as the zombie on their turn.
But the hero does not have to roll to find a zombie if he/she wants to fight.

Although I think Spidey might be on to something. Since the rules say "Any hero in a space with one or more zombies must now fight".
Rolling to see if the zombies enter the space alleviates the hero staying put concept. But then opens up the possibility of the hero then moving into a zombie occupied spot in the cornfield later, resulting in a fight.
Hmmm... I'll have to think about this and run it by my group.
03-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Lets set one thing sure... inate abilities always overcome general rules...

that said in the cornfield zombies always need to find a hero before they can fight them...
and people please accept zombies are just as stupid as doors... yes they can get lost in the cornfield... but they still perceives the smell of flesh... that's why they get a chance to spot survivors... but if a survivor wants to trample on one of them... it's easy they do a lot of noise while searching for fresh and alive meat...

=D

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...