Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
I got Growing Hunger for Christmas!!!
12-26-2012, 09:38 PM
I got Growing Hunger for Christmas!!!
Just wanted to share with all my fellow Last Night On Earth fans that I finally got my first expansion to the game. I know originally I was thinking of going with one of the smaller expansions first, but I decided I think I want to just do it in the order they were released. So, I wound up deciding to put Growing Hunger on my Christmas list.

Well, yesterday was Christmas, and it was one of my gifts! AWESOME! I am so excited! I cannot wait for a chance to play again and use some of the new stuff! I can't decide what I am more excited to try... the new heroes, the new zombies, or the new scenarios! :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: I got Growing Hunger for Christmas!!!
... and thus a new dimension to the bloodbath is added Zombie04

Great gift there StayPuft. From my experience, reckon you've just increased your replayability factor tenfold - possibly more.

Happy gaming, mate.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Man, I'm green with envy. I was supposed to get it this week, but it still hasn't arrived ;(
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2012, 07:01 AM
I think that expansion has the most bang for the buck, maybe even moreso than TP--New L boards, New heroes, new zombies, scenarios, cards, tokens, etc. I got it first, too. I wish all the others had as much new content.
12-27-2012, 07:37 AM
The scenarios with Rising Hunger are all fun! Gonna have a hard time choosing now. Before now, Escape in the Truck had been my favorite but now I'm not so sure.
12-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Team Amanda!!!
12-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Welcome to a whole new worldZombie13
12-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks all!

LabRat,

Sorry to hear your copy did not arrive yet. Hopefully you get it soon and can join in on all the fun. ;-)

(12-27-2012 07:01 AM)RaidCasto Wrote:  I think that expansion has the most bang for the buck, maybe even moreso than TP--New L boards, New heroes, new zombies, scenarios, cards, tokens, etc. I got it first, too. I wish all the others had as much new content.

From what I've heard around here, it is definitely the big one, but some of the others have some pretty cool stuff too. I think that was one of the reasons I sort of changed my mind and decided to go with Growing Hunger as my first expansion. I felt like, this way I've played it for a little while, and now I add a whole bunch of new stuff. Then, after a little while, I add the other expansions for another little boost here and there to make the game fresh again. I kinda changed my mind and felt like, otherwise, I'd just be waiting to get Growing Hunger and wouldn't enjoy the other expansions as much.

(12-27-2012 07:37 AM)knyght Wrote:  The scenarios with Rising Hunger are all fun! Gonna have a hard time choosing now. Before now, Escape in the Truck had been my favorite but now I'm not so sure.

I hear ya. I've yet to play them since I just go it, but they definitely looked awesome. I already have a hard time deciding on my favorite from the ones I have played thus far (including the Web Supplements, Stock Up and Revenge of the Dead).

Kassle, I am definitely glad to finally add Amanda to my team of heroes! Funny story, when friends first introduced me to this game, I actually wound up randomly picking Sally and Amanda. LOL! I was actually slightly disappointed when I learned that Amanda was not in the base game, because I had actually liked both characters. Now, she is finally part of my collection.

Btw...

Samurai, you aren't going to sing now are you? LOL! (Aladdin joke, just in case anybody was wondering)
01-04-2013, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 07:06 AM by Rullys.)
Just gave in and ordered the Growing Hunger Expansion. Hope It's worth it! 40 bucks seems very steep for a board game expansion pack, but I've heard great things.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 01:37 PM
(01-04-2013 07:04 AM)Rullys Wrote:  Just gave in and ordered the Growing Hunger Expansion. Hope It's worth it! 40 bucks seems very steep for a board game expansion pack, but I've heard great things.

Good move Rullys and it's worth every penny. You won't regret it. All you have to do now is just wait until it arrives!