Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New expansions?
01-11-2011, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 05:34 PM by MrElio.)
RE: New expansions?
I'm not a big fan of cardstock cars & props.
But buidings...

3 dimensionnal building will really bring something to the game: kind of an "Hero Quest" feeling.
I can already hear the hero players asking themselves how many zombies they'll find behind the door...

By the way, if you got a link for your friend's buildings, I'm strongly interested.

(01-11-2011 04:09 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  Very nice, thank you for sharing. So, they are card stock cut and paste.
I have a friend who produces a similar line of downloadable cut and past buildings. Very functional and cheap.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Sorry I don't have a link but you can find it with your search engine. He is Patrick Wilson and his business is THE VIRTUAL ARMCHAIR GENERAL. He has an Old West town and 1920's era modern city. Lots of different cut and paste buildings. I don't think he does any card stock "props" but it's been a long time since I looked at his web-site. Mention my name, Skip Nicholson, when you contact him. I don't know if it will get you any special treatment but he'll at least know I gave him a plug!

Good luck and thanks again for sharing.
01-12-2011, 12:54 AM
I sure will.

Thanks a lot for the info.
02-06-2011, 09:45 PM
I really like the mall idea for a future expansion, though the logging cabin sounds good as well. Or a train station... It would be a perfect transition to future expansions, train stations are naturally creepy places, and it would be a convenient end point for a number of scenarios focused on getting out of town. Any thoughts?
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Like most of the rest of the group I would like to see a two level mall expansion. Lots of way to do two levels. But ANYTHING will be great and I will look forward to it. I"m thinking the Logging camp or whatever has lots of opportunities for great big axes and chainsaws. Always a crowd pleaser when it comes to Zombies.
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 10:51 PM by Ryuk.)
(02-06-2011 09:45 PM)jezorin Wrote:  train stations are naturally creepy places

Sounds like somebody's played a Silent Hill video game or two...
Or maybe, Left 4 Dead?

It's a neat idea but we have to keep in mind that the town that LNoE is set in is a very rural town... sort of like the borough that I live in, I guess. I've never been to a train station in my life and I would have to travel many miles to do so.

And on a side note to the MOD squad, shouldn't this whole thread (and others here in this Breaking News section) be moved to General Discussion?

Edit: By the Flaming Butt of Sarku!... that was fast!

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
02-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Love Silent Hill and L4D. Inspirational scenarios.
I agree a massive train station would be unlikely to be in a rural town, but a small one where people can jump on an old train to tavel to a city might... After all, the stories of the old west had plenty of tiny towns with train depots.
02-07-2011, 03:16 PM
perhaps in a big meat processing plant or dairy 'at the edge of town' connected by a road tile.. etc.??

swingin meat might be fun.. and a met hook could be a new weapon!!

soundguy
02-08-2011, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 06:33 PM by robottroubles.)
Those dioramas look great, and you can find similar stuff around; I know of Fat Dragon Games as another one, and a company called Clever Models does amazing stuff geared for model railroads that would fit as well. Problem is it might make it difficult to play inside buildings. Working on my own 3D Woodinvale buildings that fit on the standard board, will post some previews tonight.

EDIT: Previews can be seen HERE.
02-08-2011, 02:11 AM
I look forward to seeing more pictures of the 3D buildings. Your talent is way above my skill level, so I like to see everyone else's work.

As for the meat packing plant, I like the idea. I could see a small town built around a meat packing plant, and I admit, they have a lot of potential for zombie cows....

As for train stations, if no one wants one in the LNOE town, how about a bus station? They serve as good end points and may exist in the town.