Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shipping has Started!
11-15-2014, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 05:41 PM by Raynor.)
RE: Shipping has Started!
Man we opened only one box last night and didn't even finish assembling the first box's minis. I'm thinking of just arranging a giant paint night for everyone once we've got all the minis assembled.

I haven't tried Gorilla Glue but have heard good things (not related to minis but good nonetheless). I personally have just been using the KRAGLE!!!! errhmm I mean Krazy Glue. There's an alternative packaging they offer that include 4 smaller tubes instead of one bigger one, which appeals to me since super glue in storage doesn't seem to last once opened. For the sheer amount of minis set before me though I'm not sure If I'll restock on the small krazy glue for this particular project but I liked it for past projects.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2014, 09:30 PM
I've just been using super glue myself. It's gone fairly well, with the only problem being that some of them are a b*tch to get to adhere. It has more to do with the minis themselves and not so much the glue, I think.

For example, The goliath was crazy easy to assemble, but then kind of hard to get to stay on the base....

But that was only because he was so darn big, so it was hard to get him to stay standing flat long enough to adhere. Yet, if I tried to just set him and put him aside, he'd slide forward a little due to his weight and not adhere good and flat. I am almost certain he's going to give me trouble and keep popping off his base.

I'm still trying to come up with an easy and reasonably affordable solution for being able to transport my minis. Because, the fact of the matter is, they were obviously not made with any consideration that folks may want to transport them from place to place. So, I'll have to come up with something to have at least some chance of them not constantly falling apart. They probably still will anyway, but I'd like to at least give them a fighting chance.
11-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Staypuft, when you figure out a transporting solution do be sure to share it on the boards here. I would love to get an idea what others do. I got the first box cut out and put together but am hesitating gluing them to the base before starting the painting process. I have regretted gluing minis to the base before painting in only a few cases but those cases I always felt I would have done a superior job if the base hadn't been in the way of where the brush needed to go.

So I guess it's really a question of whether I want to play now or paint and then play. Hmmmmm Tough decision.
11-19-2014, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 10:46 AM by Old Dwarf.)
I painted after basing it wasn't a problem, only the Slashers you had to
reach for to get their undersides.

For transporting the figs. I wish you luck, I just have to get mine from
where there stored to the Game room basically a flight of stairs down
& a flight of stairs up (love those Victorian house plans).

The figs. are sturdy if glued correctly but it's a lot of plastic to move around.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Got a great start on painting last night but we have a newborn (well almost a month old now) and I don't get to stay up late anymore because all my extra sleeping hours are consumed intermittently throughout the night.

We were following the painting displayed in-book for the minis and the tentacles looked great but I'm not so sure how I felt about the spiders.
11-20-2014, 04:07 PM
The Spiders a B----h to paint as I described in my blog. Most painted ones I've seen didn't
follow the book pics. If your painting up as Ancient Spiders there even worst.

Still once you get them away from the close up view you have with painting &
get them on the Table they will look better.

OD

11-24-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm honestly not 100% sure I am even going to bother to paint mine. I would like to, but getting them put together has been such a frustrating process that I'm not sure if I want to bother.

I've already been putting them on the base mainly because I'm not necessarily planning to paint them terribly soon. So, I'd rather be able to get started playing soon rather than be delayed even further to paint them.

I still just have not had the patience yet to sit down and read through the books. By the time I get home from work, I just feel like vegging out with some TV and maybe a little Internet. Over the weekends, I wind up not feeling like it either. It's just so much to read it is a little overwhelming. It makes me a tad bit concerned it will be one of those games that is so complicated that we rarely bother to pick it up. I'm confident, though, that it will be a lot of fun. Just gotta motivate myself to dig into those rule books.
11-25-2014, 12:57 AM
SP Chill - I felt the same way looking at all that material. Just start with the p.9 Rule Book intro Mission
a Fist Full of Dark Stone & start to play once you get through a few turns it begins to come together.
That Game took me around 3 hours as I had to keep checking the Rules whenever something new
popped up.

It's not as involved as it looks when you take it in stages. There is a lot to keep track of & it's
probably going to take a few Games to get it all together. It also takes some time to separate
all the Decks & sort out all the tokens but once you've done it, it's done.

You really only need the Rule book for the Into Game. The Adventure Books just have the other
Missions & Campaign material like leveling up & visiting Town.

As for painting, the figs really look cool on the Tiles when painted but it's obviously not
necessary to enjoy the Game. Again if you decide to paint you can just take 1 group of
Miniatures at a time. The Night Terrors would be a good first start their mostly 1 color
& the poses don't cause any problems.

OD

11-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Yeah SP, don't even worry about it. I suffer greatly from rules exhaustion in a lot of games and I was so fatigued from reading rule books that after two days of putting the figurines together and then getting a start on painting the tentacles I just started playing when a friend came over this past weekend. We didn't read a single thing about playing the game before starting with character creation and just read each section as we needed to. The first game was a disaster but not un-fun. The second game made a ton more sense and we actually beat it. 3rd and 4th games were a breeze, with only occasional rule referencing. Just remember you don't have to get everything right the first time. Be prepared to break some rules without knowing you're breaking them.
12-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Groovy. Thanks, peeps. Good to hear others saying, from experience, that it isn't too hard to get into. Those massive rule books do look a bit daunting. I've played games with my group before that are so confusing to get into many of us wind up leaving the game night with a headache, and then the game never sees the table again. I REALLY don't want that to be the case with this one. So, glad to hear others say it is easy to pick up.

You are also exactly right. I don't expect to get it perfect right away. I figure we will mess a few things up here and there. We will eventually get this swing of it all.