Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shipping has Started!
10-27-2014, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 05:19 AM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Shipping has Started!
(10-22-2014 03:35 PM)Odie Wrote:  
(10-21-2014 11:33 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  I actually accept delays. It's part of every day life with any service or product you buy, pre-order, etc. It's just the way of the world today, where nearly everybody has their fingers in too many pies.

What I find the aggravation about delays is non-communication, and being left in limbo. It's poor customer service which is representative of a care factor - or lack thereof.

If I'm aware what's going on... I'm actually cool with it. If any entity or corporation is going to take my money in an instant... at the click of a mouse button, then I've an expectation to be kept informed of any deviation to the contract/purchase/order/timeframe/etc AFTER I've purchased/signed up. I don't believe I'm being unreasonable.

I'm sure FFP is busy, but everything you said above is really the meat of the problem for me at this point. If I had some kind of insight as to why I haven't gotten a shipping notice, or how despite backing early, receiving the pledge manager quickly, and finishing it within 24 hours I still haven't gotten the game when others who did all of that later than I, have received the game, I might feel better about things.

Anyway, the game will come. I'm just venting more than complaining.

(10-24-2014 04:10 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Yeah, I think this all illustrates my point exactly. I definitely think it is reasonable to expect delays in a situation like this. Hence, I don't think anybody should be thinking "F Flying Frog! I hate them! They suck!" Yadda yadda yadda. Personally, Flying Frog can basically do no wrong in my eyes.

For the record, my rant it not FFP specific, or intended as derogatory/acrimonious towards them.

It's a generalisation of a business/company taking my money for an expectation... then not communicating what's going on when said expectation is not met. This has become the way of the world today where the average consumer just has to lump it.

I've 4 different things in the wings, that I have paid for to be delivered by xxxx date, for a total cost in excess $1,300+ Australian. All 4 are 3+ months overdue, but one company has been gracious, courteous and professional enough to provide information and status updates. Due respect, but it's just not !@#$*&! good enough.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Having received my Shipping Notice (3 Days to go) I can testify the feeling of aggravation goes
away quickly. But I do feel De Froggers did themselves no favors by starting shipping without
informing Backers of what Shipping schedules criteria were in place.

Thus they now have Backers that have waited a year seeing that Shipping has finally started & seeing
that people are receiving theirs in a seemingly random fashion . You don't know if you'll
get your notice today, next week or next month . If they had just told us up front in what
order the Games were being shipped it would go along way to ending the venting.

The RoW situation is a total screw up which FFP should have resolved way before Shipping started.
All this being said it was their first KS & it caught them by surprise when it became huge
& probably overwhelmed what was basically a small company. Still they could have saved
themselves a lot of grief by just giving Backers some specific shipping information.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-27-2014, 07:57 PM
ForestRunner,

Trust me, I fully understand. I do not think you were/are being unreasonable AT ALL. It would be a heck of a lot easier to forgive/understand if we were given more constant and more specific updates.

Like I said, I feel your pain. Heck, there is still part of me kicking myself for not just biting the bullet and paying the extra to get the extra mid-point shipment. Then, there is part of me saying that it wasn't worth paying an extra $40 just to get SOME of my stuff a little sooner. Hell, I could buy another board game for that. (Some board games cost around that, anyway.)

As I have said, it is also kind of frustrating that JUST NOW as they are beginning to ship stuff do they tell us that NONE of the extras are being shipped. This is pretty much just the two base games. Crud, they don't even have miniatures for the damn Outlaws. They didn't even have the art book ready. I could understand a bunch of the extra stuff not being ready, but NONE of it?

It would have been nice to know ahead much more in advance that this was going to be the case. Instead, we wait all this time for the shipment date. It comes and passed with little or no updates. Then, finally they start to ship.... and they tell us THEN that it will basically just be the two base games. As if that weren't bad enough, the next shipment won't be for nearly an entire year.[/align]

Again, I love Flying Frog to death, and once everything is in my greedy little hands I will be a happy undead camper. It's just frustrating while we wait.
10-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Yeesh...I finally got the shipping notice a few minutes ago.

What was a tightly wound knot of frustration in the pit of my stomach, has turned into a refreshing breeze of relief flowing gently through my very being.

Call it serendipity, but the notice came while I was working on the story portion of a SOBS campaign book I'm helping on (fan-made, not from FFP).

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2014, 12:17 AM
(10-27-2014 10:54 PM)Odie Wrote:  Yeesh...I finally got the shipping notice a few minutes ago.

What was a tightly wound knot of frustration in the pit of my stomach, has turned into a refreshing breeze of relief flowing gently through my very being.

Call it serendipity, but the notice came while I was working on the story portion of a SOBS campaign book I'm helping on (fan-made, not from FFP).

Glad to hear it Odie-be looking forward to your Campaign Book.

OD

10-29-2014, 06:58 AM
Still waiting for a shipping notice here, unfortunately Watchmen02

At least all these recent posts of receiving one can give me some hope that mine will arrive soon.
10-29-2014, 12:05 PM
(10-29-2014 06:58 AM)sgiove Wrote:  Still waiting for a shipping notice here, unfortunately Watchmen02

At least all these recent posts of receiving one can give me some hope that mine will arrive soon.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to SoB Shipping Zombie12
Pledge # ,Location, Pledge Level, PM completion -nothing matches up.

I just got my UPS e-mail telling me mine will be here tomorrow.
Hope you get your Notice soon.

OD

10-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Glad to hear your wait has ended OD. I'm still checking my email every day.
10-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Hope it comes soon Raynor my MC was delivered about a 1/2 hour ago.

OD

10-31-2014, 01:16 AM
My core sets just showed up on my doorstep.

Very overwhelming. It's going to take a full day to process this.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user