Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts on soB
11-15-2013, 08:29 AM
RE: Thoughts on soB
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1071254/...-brimstone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Meh. You can convince me this is a "cash grab" when you can first show me the costs associated with creating everything, and what's left over afterward. Sorry. I know that costs for games such as these are far, far more expensive than most laypeople assume, and accusations of a "cash grab" simply don't hold water.
11-15-2013, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 08:35 AM by skolo.)
dudes are comparing other KS projects so they see.
truth might be different but we had never have a chance to see financials of this project - how much $$ goes on what.
it could solve things and this is done in other projects.

to clarify things

Gavin, lets stick with KS comments cause I might get dizzy ;-)
11-15-2013, 01:02 PM
I think cash grab is a tad harsh , SoB is offering a hell of a lot goodies & I think the value
is there. A pie graph on financials would be nice but I doubt we'll see one as the Froggers
are really busy.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Exactly. I want them working on the game, not soothing people who have no idea as to the costs and thus assume they're getting shafted by the Flying Frog folks. Especially when the FF people have, time and again, shown themselves to be honest, genuine, and caring about their fans. AND when what little I personally know of miniatures production (my RPG-company looked into it a little a few years back) is that it is incredibly more expensive than most people think. (And that doesn't get into the cards or the board pieces, which are not insignificant costs, either.)
11-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Are the prices for things with this game a little higher than I might like? Sure. So I can kind of understand people thinking things are a tad pricey. But, I think to accuse them of just trying to be "cash grabbers" is very short-sighted and unfair.

Do you have any idea how much money goes into producing all this stuff? I sure as heck do not. But, if you consider all we are getting, I don't think the value is too bad. In fact, with all the stretch goals if you pledged at the Outlaw level, or all that PLUS all the optional add-ons if you pledged at the Minecart level, I actually think we are getting an amazing deal in the grand scheme of things.

All of the stuff that has been revealed is more than enough for several expansions... yet those of us who pledged at a high enough level are getting them without spending an extra dime.

Not only that, but how much they profit from the game is really nobody's darn business. Of course they are going to expect to make a profit off the whole deal. Otherwise, why the heck would they bother to go through it all? But I would guess their profit margin isn't as wide as you'd think.

It is also very different to fund a brand new project rather than something they have already finished and are mass-producing. That is part of the whole point of Kickstarter. Helping the project get funded so it can be made in the first place.

Flying Frog Productions is awesome. I am sure this game will kick some major booty. Hence why I did not hesitate for a millisecond to pledge on the very first day. And I feel like I am getting more than my money's worth. :-)
11-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Interesting FFP put up a 100 more M7 & then added 500 M8
for only $5 more. So It seems M7 is capped at 1000.

That should hold us for the remainder of the Campaign
(it would be cool if it didn't) Watchmen02 .

FFP said they planned stuff up to 1.2 ML & I hope we
go over that so all the planned stuff gets out.It would
break my heart if some final cool SG was announced
& we just fell short.
OD

11-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Well another morning & a new Add-on enemy-Dark Fang Tribe. It's going to
be hard returning to work, after a couple of weeks off ,on Monday.

When I packed it in last night we were at 2,998 backers & now it's 2992,
we are just over $840K ,I thought we might see the 850K SG this AM
but hopefully we'll make it today.

I really can't wait till FFP throws out final week add-ons & we start eating up the MC7 & 8
The funny thing is someone pledged MC8 & there are MC7 left-maybe he/she just had some
loose change.

OD

11-16-2013, 04:11 PM
It would be nice if FFP pit up a game play video or some rules.
11-16-2013, 04:49 PM
(11-15-2013 08:29 AM)skolo Wrote:  http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1071254/...-brimstone

The Article was taken down as it's writer received a
death threat on FB against him & his GF over it.

My God I thought the Article was just a pointless rant
but to get a death threat even for your GF over a
persons opinion on a Board Game KS that was
negative is Social Media gone amuckInsane21

OD