Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What'choo do for a living?
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
RE: What'choo do for a living?
Im a student of graphic design. I also dirty my hands with multimedia and photography work when the mood suits me.

other than that, im in-between jobs. stupid economy :[
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm a student majoring in math. In the future I suppose I'll want a job... but for the time being I'll just play games.
11-29-2010, 11:01 PM
yeow!

I can't do heights anymore. I used to do some work climbing towers for radio gear.. got tired of it fast.

now do civil engineering by day, and sound engineering by night...

soundguy
11-30-2010, 02:31 AM
I work in IT for a group of Directory Assistance operators. I'm kinda like the maytag repair man, just there, but not always alot to do....(not that I'm complaining!)

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2010, 02:30 PM
(11-30-2010 02:31 AM)supervike Wrote:  I work in IT for a group of Directory Assistance operators. I'm kinda like the maytag repair man, just there, but not always alot to do....(not that I'm complaining!)

I hear ya Vike, I liken my job to that of a Fireman. I spend a lot of time sitting around the firehouse and then a short amount of frantic effort trying to put out a fire. The downtime gets pretty boring and makes for a long day. Maytag repairman may be a better way to look at it. I'm the loneliest guy in the agency.Watchmen02
11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
(11-30-2010 02:30 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  
(11-30-2010 02:31 AM)supervike Wrote:  I work in IT for a group of Directory Assistance operators. I'm kinda like the maytag repair man, just there, but not always alot to do....(not that I'm complaining!)
I hear ya Vike, I liken my job to that of a Fireman. I spend a lot of time sitting around the firehouse and then a short amount of frantic effort trying to put out a fire. The downtime gets pretty boring and makes for a long day. Maytag repairman may be a better way to look at it. I'm the loneliest guy in the agency.Watchmen02

Conversely, my job is trying to prevent fires through training, at-hand support, etc. Except: those who are willfully ignorant burn brightest.
11-30-2010, 04:03 PM
(11-30-2010 02:53 PM)mqstout Wrote:  
(11-30-2010 02:30 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  

Conversely, my job is trying to prevent fires through training, at-hand support, etc. Except: those who are willfully ignorant burn brightest.

Sadly, policy forbids me from doing "pre-emptive" strikes by actively looking in the most likely places for folks who are "lyin', cheatin' and stealin'. I'm a one-man rapid deployment force AFTER trouble rears it's ugly head. Oh well, I liken it to arming bambi. It makes the game more interesting when the other guy gets the first couple of moves without interference.
11-30-2010, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2010 08:25 PM by mqstout.)
Quote:Sadly, policy forbids me from doing "pre-emptive" strikes by actively looking in the most likely places for folks who are "lyin', cheatin' and stealin'. I'm a one-man rapid deployment force AFTER trouble rears it's ugly head. Oh well, I liken it to arming bambi. It makes the game more interesting when the other guy gets the first couple of moves without interference.

Skip please tell you don't work in NJInsane21

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-30-2010, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2010 08:25 PM by mqstout.)
(11-30-2010 07:32 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  
Quote:Sadly, policy forbids me from doing "pre-emptive" strikes by actively looking in the most likely places for folks who are "lyin', cheatin' and stealin'. I'm a one-man rapid deployment force AFTER trouble rears it's ugly head. Oh well, I liken it to arming bambi. It makes the game more interesting when the other guy gets the first couple of moves without interference.

Skip please tell you don't work in NJInsane21

OD

Thanks OD for your concern.

No, I work for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. But we get contractors from the Eastern seaboard and more than one of them have organized crime connections. I was working one big case awhile back and trading information with the organized crime units in New York State.

We executed a search warrant in Florida with the help of the Feds and seized a bunch of contractor records. Among their phone records were regular daily calls to a phone number in New Jersey. When we tried to trace the number it was to a "coffee house". YIKES. Sounded like a mob hang out to me. Tony Soprano would probably have answered the phone if we dialed it immediately. But it was no longer a working number when we finally got around to trying to call it. DOUBLE YIKES.

I am law enforcement trained and certified to carry a number of firearms including Semi-automatic pistols (both 9mm and 40 Cal.), 12-gauge Semi-auto shotguns and AR-15 Assault Rifles but my current job does not permit me to carry a gun.

My cases are mostly white collar crime and historically it's not that dangerous. (Does that sound like famous last words to you?)
12-01-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm a train manager. Watchmen01