Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does FFP need to add?
01-13-2011, 02:54 PM
What does FFP need to add?
Think of things that are truly missing. FFP is notorious for adding a ludicrous amount of things the game doesn't need just for the fans to make newer scenarios.
  • Blank cards - Been said they are working on it
  • New board tiles - I'd like to see new shapes for the tiles. I'd also love to see blank board tiles. Not solid white tiles, but green grass, rocks, etc. and no buildings so you can add your own. Perhaps building tiles that can adjoin a blank tile.
  • A scenario pack - More scenarios are awesome, but the reason I say this is I want the web scenarios and online only packs to have their own card stock. 10 scenarios for 20 bucks?

I'd say I want new heroes, which is true, I can never have enough. But what is lacking the most is board tiles. From the main game only 2 have been added?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2011, 03:02 PM
RE: What does FFP need to add?
I believe they said, at one point, they were making a scenario book.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I'd agree with the blank cards and board sections. While I'd love to see new scenarios, and your prices sound fantastic, no way are they going to sell 10 for $20. Look at what they have been selling with the web exclusive expansions. You get ONE scenario and a handful of new cards for about $10. while this does seem a little high priced, it allows them to do smaller expanions like this in smaller quantities that do cost them more. The video game industry calls these "micro transactions", when you buy a new weapon or costume for a game for a few dollars. I think these are the same type of thing. (while I'm on the subject, there really should be a Flying Frog mascot frog Sackboy. Somebody make that happen please.)

As for the scenario book...I think that is something they wish they could forget about. Oh wait, they have. They want us to forget about it. haha

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
01-13-2011, 05:54 PM
they are also working on a new expansion that is based in a lumberjack town, it will contain a new center tile and 6 new L shaped boards. the new expansion will also include a system for leveling up characters.

but as for other things that FFP should add are

- i would love to see a 3d board that had two story and more building and even a more expansive
sewer system
- id also love to see new types of zombies, like zombie dogs, zombie crows, a zombie elephant or
rhino, mutated zombies that move faster, are stronger
- id like to see official rules for playing the game solo, as sometimes there is no one around to play
with
- we all would love to see a large MALL expansion

August 17th
We've been receiving a lot of local reports about strange monsters appearing at random throughout the city. This must be the work of Umbrella.
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I would love the addition of some "Boss" characters. I love having one big behemoth that everyone is trying to take out at once. Maybe an expansion with 4 boss characters, a scenario for each, and rules for integrating them into existing scenarios (dot grades).
01-13-2011, 07:21 PM
viking, IFOS has "boss" style martians that the martian player can summon.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2011, 08:23 PM
(01-13-2011 07:21 PM)mqstout Wrote:  viking, IFOS has "boss" style martians that the martian player can summon.

I saw the figs for those. Me wantee! I just got into FFP with LNOE last November. ATOE is a little more my theme preference than IFOS, and Supervike gave me a great deal on a pristine used copy, so I got that next. Now the larger monsters and the compatibility with LNOE are making me want IFOS pretty bad.
01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
I would like to see new board tiles, maybe urban/city or maybe a forest/lake.
01-18-2011, 01:28 AM
(01-17-2011 07:27 PM)juan-agustin Wrote:  I would like to see new board tiles, maybe urban/city or maybe a forest/lake.

I have a forest type area in my new boards. Seen here. (or under variants)

I have already laid out plans for a 17 piece modular forest. I don't want to give away any more than that at the moment. Below are both.

I have a forest type area in my new boards. Seen here. (or under variants)

[Image: sawmillteaser2.jpg]

[Image: expansion2teaser.jpg]

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
01-18-2011, 02:07 PM
More ATOE!

I agree with blank ground board tiles so you can add buildings as print them and glue them....awesome idea.

Oh..and more ATOE!