Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
08-22-2021, 02:02 AM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
Age of thieves sounds interesting.i love a good deal on an interesting game. Hope you really enjoy it Watchmen02

For AH I throw all the cards and tokens in one box and the boards and card holders in the Dark waves box.

Lost Ruins of Arnak finally came back in stock at a few places so I went ahead and ordered that. A friend pointed it out to me after I commented that I was sad there weren't more games like fortune and glory.

I also sold off my old copy of Zombicide Prison break after finding a great deal on 2E. Not all in or anything, but very happy with what I did get as I think they did a bang up job updating the game. The minis are only a half step down from the quality in Cthulu Death May die, and so are like 10x better quality compared to the 1st edition game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2021, 12:43 AM
Someone in our group got some Amazon coupons and we ended up buying MoM Beyond the Threshold and Sanctum of Twilight. Beyond the Threshold came first but it was missing one of those black monster bases. I tried checking the publisher's replacement policy and apparently they don't even have one anymore. :/ I guess we'll have request a whole new copy, just to replace one common part.

When all else fails...run like hell!
09-02-2021, 03:19 AM
FFG Customer Service use to really great then Tadd left & it declined but when Asmodee took
over they killed it.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-02-2021, 08:40 PM
(09-02-2021 03:19 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  FFG Customer Service use to really great then Tadd left & it declined but when Asmodee took
over they killed it.

OD

Yeah, Asmodee has sorta become the tabletop incarnation of EA. You barely tolerate them, yet they own so many developers that you can't really escape them.

When all else fails...run like hell!
09-03-2021, 10:33 PM
I notice Age of Thieves had a small 4 Card Expansion called Chaos in Hadria-it wasn't in regular retail
& the lowest offer on the 2nd hand market was $20. Which was too much for 4 Cards then I notice
the BGG store had 5 of them for sale at $5 each. So I ordered & it came today,so my completist
nature is satisfied.

OD

09-07-2021, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2021 11:33 AM by Old Dwarf.)
Horrified:American Monsters(yes OD BGG Games Crack Habit is getting out of control)

The Blurb:In this co-operative game, you face off against classic American nightmarish beasts: Bigfoot, Mothman, the Jersey Devil, the Chupacabra,
the Banshee of the Badlands, and the Ozark Howler. The more creatures in the game, the harder the challenge, with players needing to use their
unique powers to figure out how to defeat each monster.

This is a standalone version of Horrified:Universal Monsters which featured the Wolfman,Dracula & other movie monsters.Both Games
use similar mechanics & are played on a Board Map of a Town (each Game has a different Town).I didn't bite on the movie monsters
& my sense of Theme doesn't carry over to having a small town overun with unrelated monsters (hated this in 1st & 2nd Arkham Horror) .

The American Cryptids did however appeal to me so I preordered (due in October).It's a medium light Game ,all the Monsters have
unique ways to defeat them & the Heroes all have a special Ability.The Monsters are controlled by a Card AI & the Heroes must visit
various Locations in Town to acquire Items to help them take on the monsters. Meanwhile the monsters are tracking them & an a
unlucky hero can wind up in the hospital( nothing new but it hangs together well).

The Game has 6 Monster figs & 7 Standees for the Heroes(there are 7 Types-occupations)

It has a Solo mode for 1 Hero ( the Terror Track starts at 3 rather than 0) but still uses multiple Monsters so I'll be damned if
I let the Jersey Devil in the same town as Mothman I worked out Solo Rules for using just 1 Monster v 1 Hero looks good but
can't play test until the Game arrives.

OD

09-22-2021, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2021 12:53 AM by Raynor.)
I've heard a lot of good things about the original Horrified from my old gaming group and this upcoming one also looks pretty interesting. I wanted to demo it at Gen con this year but Everytime I passed the table it was pretty packed. Do let us know how you like it!

We picked up a little game called Tentacle Town at the con which is more or less a thematic worker placement for kids where you have to fight loads of tentacles that are constantly threatening your sea side settlement. There are big rubbery plastic tentacles to toss around the board which is a lot of fun. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone here but looks like a blast to play with a younger audience.

Up till now the Flying Frog games on simple mode were the main games I was using to introduce the next generation of my family to the hobby, and while those are certainly favorites, it's nice to expand the library of simpler titles with strong presence.

We also demoed 6 Siege, though I'm not a backer, and found it was actually way more fun than I was expecting. I even lost, and still had a grand time. I think the pledge manager is still up on Gamefound so if you'd been considering it and have the 2nd player to game with consistently, I'd give it my full recommendation. That being said, I think everything is heading to retail at some point or another so I'm sure it'll be available for quite some time. The guy who dragged me over to play is all in after our game so I don't have to think about it.

The Flying Frog booth was amazing, and I was able to use the opportunity to catch up on A Touch of Evil and Shadows of Brimstone card packs. Also picked up a Fortune and Glory pin for my lanyard.
09-25-2021, 11:38 AM
(09-22-2021 12:44 AM)Raynor Wrote:  The Flying Frog booth was amazing, and I was able to use the opportunity to catch up on A Touch of Evil and Shadows of Brimstone card packs.
Any news / update on the FanG expansions from FFP?
09-25-2021, 09:39 PM
(09-25-2021 11:38 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(09-22-2021 12:44 AM)Raynor Wrote:  The Flying Frog booth was amazing, and I was able to use the opportunity to catch up on A Touch of Evil and Shadows of Brimstone card packs.
Any news / update on the FanG expansions from FFP?

X2- They said "The gates are opening & shadows will fall"
(last The Coast Rulebook blurb) so I've been waiting,

OD

09-27-2021, 03:25 PM
No news on that front that I saw.