Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
10-17-2021, 12:47 PM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
Managed to snag a copy of MoM Streets of Arkham for a decent price from Target. The overlap between their 20% off game sale and 25% off "circle" member coupon ends today (effectively 40% off). Membership is free and doesn't require a physical card. The phone app isn't required for online or in store pickup orders either. Unfortunately, the in store selection isn't what it used to be and the minimum for free shipping is $35. That's checked before coupon discounts though.

The sale isn't huge, but there's a few gems to be found. I noticed that the new American edition of Horrified was also among them. I was actually hoping for AH3 Dark Waves to complete the collection, but they don't have it at all. :/

When all else fails...run like hell!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2021, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2021 09:09 PM by Old Dwarf.)
I got on the Blizzard 50% off sale & got World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Board Game for $30 alas it
won't be shipped until Dec.9th. I'm waiting on Horrified:American Monsters to ship from MM but that probably
won't be next month.Target has exclusives on both Games so my Games are in Limbo.

I did order a Folio Game of "House on the Borderlands" which I hope makes it by Halloween.

OD

PS just got an email & tracking # from EEE-so it looks like I will have it for Halloween.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-20-2021, 12:02 AM
I got interested in the Warcraft Game World after preordering the Wrath of the Lich King so I remembered FFG
did some Games when they had the WoW License from Blizzard .

This was back in the early 2000's so I checked ebay they had WoW The Board Game but it would cost a Kidney &
WoW the Adventure also pricey & they weren't complete at a price I wanted to pay.Then I checked the BGG Market
& found one for $30 that said unplayed & unpunched so I got It .It came yesterday & only the shrinkwrap was removed.
The rest of the Game was mint everything was still sealed,this guy bought the Game & let it sit for 13 years.

I also got the Borderland Game delivered but I had started a MoM Game so I haven't played it yet.

OD

11-20-2021, 07:57 AM
The old WoW ffg game in the big long box was one of my first board games. I remember it as very fun but so long we never finished a game somehow. I have seen but never played the other wow game.

One of my few regrets was getting rid of the ffg Star Craft board game, which is also oop and quite expensive now. I got rid of it because I never got to play it, but the minis alone brought me soooo much joy and I've never seen a replacement. I was always more of a StarCraft guy than a WoW player, and while I was tempted by the new pandemic, the IP isn't for me enough to make the leap.

Lemme know how you like the Borderlands game. I was recently comparing it to Diablo in that both are murder loot fests dungeon crawlers at their core, which is a concept that I feel translates well to board games.
11-20-2021, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2021 01:06 PM by Old Dwarf.)
I let go of a LOT of Games when we moved 7 years ago & some of them I really regret losing.If you still
have the coffin box WoW the Board Game it worth a ton.The problem that people had with the Game is
that it took forever & the amount of down time you had until your turn came along.

I'm just setting up the WoW Adventure Game so House on the Borderlands is still waiting.I have to
cut out the components as it's a folio game & frankly I'm concerned I might mess it up.Not sure
if I should try with sissors or a cutting board & a scalpel ?

OD

11-27-2021, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2021 02:10 PM by khainesmith.)
I got Nemesis and it is a good game. Which is good and bad (I already made custom characters for it to make it into a new Space Hulk, of 40k characters versus Tyranids). But now I have too many good games that I'd like to sit down and play with limited time to do so. Old ones I love such as Dungeon and Dungeonquest. I could play these two till the cows come home. And of course recently I bought Betrayal at Baldur's Gate and Outer Rim; both of these are great fun. Plus Arkham Horror and Eldritch horror were bought this year as well; with Arkham seeing the table quite a bit. And then that which was bought yet hasn't gotten table time yet are my Fallout, Android and Shadowrun board games. Really need a vacation to sit down and have a few board game days.
Thus I have frozen any buying of games for a long, long time. Just too much goodness in the hobby room already. And to get A touch of evil with all the expansions as my most recent purchase, it has put all these others on the back burner for some time.
12-28-2021, 11:18 PM
GW Games I quit years ago as their prices just got too expensive, but I came across 2 Games they did for Barns & Noble
at sale prices so I picked them up. Stormvault an Adventure Type Game & Crypt Hunters a Dungeon Crawl.

They are entry way Games GW puts out to suck you into their money pits, in this case Warhammer:Age of Sigmar.

OD

12-29-2021, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2021 07:41 AM by Raynor.)
I feel the lack of time so hard. I had SO much time to play games this past summer when I had a brief stint on dayshift, but then I had to move back to nights and my available time plummeted. It's just a case of obligations taking up all my daylight.

As a result, rather than getting new games I'm actually shedding some I had picked up when my play time was at its peak. Luckily the Holidays made for a good excuse to give a few to my Brother in law. I had picked up Everdell for a great price just because I'd heard it was a great family game, but the theme really does not appeal to me, and he is a much bigger Euro fan than I am. That's one out the door.

Hopefully the nightshift bit will end here soon and I'll be able to start hosting a game night to make some headway on my backlog.

I've refused to get into Warhammer from the beginning. I had to drop Magic recently for similar reasons since they kept raising prices to the point of absurdity. My wife makes fun of me regularly any time I mention Shadows of Brimstone though. She asks what the difference is between that and GW's Warhammer that I always touted I would never be a part of.

I have no answer...
01-20-2022, 09:20 PM
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Bladeborn is a fast-paced game of warband battles for two players. Take command of a band of savage warriors and use your fighters' unique strengths to dominate your rivals amid the hazardous wastes of the Bloodwind Spoil. Only one warband can seize victory and win a chance to serve in the marauding armies of Archaon the Everchosen – will you rise to the challenge?

Khagra the Usurper and her followers yearn for the attention of the Dark Gods and mean to take their rightful place in the Everchosen's ranks. Though it was her sister, the sorcerer Zarshia Bittersoul, who first led this warband, Khagra's ambitions reach far indeed.

The Godsworn Hunt are the greatest champions of the Tribe of the Black Fang, each one a hardened killer who has earned their name through bloody deeds. They are guided by searing visions of conquest revealed to the God-speaker Theddra Skull-Scryer, through a combination of ruthlessness and awesome displays of gods-given power.

SUCKED IN...AGAIN . This is another GW/Barns & Noble exclusive Game at a reasonable price (for GW) it's intended to be a streamlined Intro to Warcry.The Game
gives you 2 Warbands & their figs + several Battle Scenarios + the Cards for 4 more Warbands. Thus you can either buy the extra Warbands from GW or if you
have matching figs you can just use them.The Game also has a nice little campaign system & adapts to Fan made Solo play.

I have a ton of painted Warhammer Figs which I haven't used in years so I got this Game as a way to get some play value out of them. I plan to convert some of
the other Chaos Warbands from Warcry (The Warcry rules come with Bladeborn) as a project.

01-21-2022, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 02:30 PM by khainesmith.)
(11-14-2014 02:39 PM)Raynor Wrote:  That's exciting! Is Eldritch Horror all that fun then? My neighbors have it but I've never been really pulled to trying it out because I've been pretty satisfied with Arkham Horror.

I'd say Eldritch and Arkham are sort of like Atoe and FanG. Still fun on either level.

I recently got Nemesis and it's great. I also got Fallout but it hasn't hit the table along with games from awhile ago like Shadowrun and Android. Very much looking forward to playing them all once time permits.