Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide
03-30-2013, 02:59 AM
RE: Zombicide
Yeah I was looking at the layout of the buildings and they made no sense. Buildings were connected that shouldn't have, and one was just massive. I do want to give it a shot and the minis look awesome. Still saving up.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2013, 01:13 AM
i think the building connection was more for practical playability than realism. if we were going for realism.. it might be a harder game.. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
03-31-2013, 01:16 AM
Re: Zombicide
Realism go for LNoE. Fast paced shoot em up go for Zombicide

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
04-01-2013, 07:38 PM
(03-31-2013 01:16 AM)zachmaio Wrote:  Realism go for LNoE. Fast paced shoot em up go for Zombicide

Exactly. Good way to sum it up. I definitely see what some of you are saying about the layout of the board for Zombicide. But, I don't think it is necessarily important. Zombicide, to me, is more like a Zombie comic book or video game. LNOE is more like a zombie movie. Hence, you go to LNOE if you want more realism, and Zombicide if you just want to run around killing zombies like crazy. True, there are still objectives, but they tend to be simple things like get the objective marker. The game winds up being more about killing zombies so you can get to your objective.

I love both themes. However, when it comes to a board game, I do kind of like the overall feel of LNOE better. For a video game, I definitely want to mainly just run around killing zombies with all sorts of different cool weapons. For a board game, I like the realism better. But, as I have said, I still love both.
04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
and who doesn't like killing zombies.

but yeah.. I've played some zed games where the zeds are soo difficult..that you actually try to avoid them and do the objectives vs tons of combat.

anyone remember the original dawn of the dead zed game with paper chits? hard as heck to secure that mall!.. and the players were 'frightened' half the time!
04-02-2013, 07:55 PM
(04-02-2013 02:08 PM)soundguy Wrote:  and who doesn't like killing zombies.

but yeah.. I've played some zed games where the zeds are soo difficult..that you actually try to avoid them and do the objectives vs tons of combat.

anyone remember the original dawn of the dead zed game with paper chits? hard as heck to secure that mall!.. and the players were 'frightened' half the time!

No, I never saw that. To me, though, that doesn’t sound as appealing as LNOE or even Zombicide. I do like the LNOE style better where the zombies are vicious, and you tend to want to try to avoid fights. However, what I do like about LNOE is that, despite that, it still isn’t a death sentence to fight zombies, especially after you get some cool weapons. If it were overly hard to kill zombies, then it wouldn’t be fun. Even though you tend to try to avoid fighting zombies in LNOE, you still hope for a few good fights here and there. ;-)
04-03-2013, 06:44 PM
The introduction of the Experience and Advanced Abilities rules do encourage Heroes to attack more now, but always best from range - which is how I think it should be. Even fighting one lone zombie runs the risk of the hero getting into a 'struggle' whilst the swarm starts to close in.
04-03-2013, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 07:15 PM by StayPuft.)
Agreed. ;-) Again, that it one of the things I love so much about LNOE. As heroes, it is a good idea to avoid fighting the zombies, but every now and then you have to anyway. When you do, it could easily go to either side. And even if the heroes win, they may only succeed in fending off the zombie. It feels like the perfect blend for a zombie board game. It makes them difficult to defeat without making it impossible.

That is one thing I don't like about the Abomination in Zombicide. I mean, the miniature is bad arse and all, but apparently you can only kill him with one very specific weapon. (A molotov, I believe). To me, I am not a fan of that, especially considering in the handful of times we have played, we have not EVER been able to collect the supplies to make a molotov in the first place. I like the idea of a big bad bruiser of a zombie, but I feel like he should just take more hits to kill, or something like that.
04-03-2013, 07:30 PM
the dawn of the dead game.. for those not familiar.. was played with a bunch of collored chits. there were 4 hero survivors.. fromt he movie kinda. you had a SMALL variety of guns.. the 2 cops could get like a hunting rifle.. otherwise you had a pistol..

zombie chits had a number.. that you didn't see till you engaged them.. say you shoot at a zombie chit.. and flipepd it over and it was a 10.. that's a huge pile of zeds and you were not likely to kill them. moreover. seeing a zombie chit made a reacion role, that in my experience.. the hero usually MISSED meaning they were pretty useless for a turn. there were a few super zombies possibility.... a hero could become infected.. etc.. if a hero was down.. you could drag them.. some hero's had less strength than others.. etc.

basically you had to like secure a bunch of doors in a mall to win the game... i don't EVEr RECALL WINNING. the # of zombies was literally overwhelming.
04-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Sounds like that would be fun, but only the first few times. It isn't all about winning or losing, it is about having fun. But, if it seems to be impossible to win, that isn't all that fun.