Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 10:44 PM by MoonSylver.)
RE: Zombicide
I like Zombicide & all, but for some reason, all of this "Kickstarter" stuff really sours the whole experience for me for some reason. I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I'm a big believer in "you make something, you put it out for sale, period." I'm ok with promo's, but they've taken it to such a level that it's disquieting to say the least. All of this exclusive brew-ha-ha just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that actually dampens my enthusiasm for the core game.

Guess I'm just too old & too much of a traditionalist to be "down wit da sicknez!" like the kids today, so I suppose I'm not the target audience anyway, but the whole thing just leaves me with an uncomfortable, unpleasent feeling that I havn't been able to shake. Insane19
---MS Watchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2013, 06:22 PM
how about the games that come out .. with an expansion mentioned.. and even planned. then set there and fizzle.

i was really looking forward to the space battleship expansion.. and nada... Insane19

game as it is is ok.. but unballanced...
05-29-2013, 08:34 AM
(05-21-2013 10:43 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I like Zombicide & all, but for some reason, all of this "Kickstarter" stuff really sours the whole experience for me for some reason. I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I'm a big believer in "you make something, you put it out for sale, period." I'm ok with promo's, but they've taken it to such a level that it's disquieting to say the least. All of this exclusive brew-ha-ha just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that actually dampens my enthusiasm for the core game.

Guess I'm just too old & too much of a traditionalist to be "down wit da sicknez!" like the kids today, so I suppose I'm not the target audience anyway, but the whole thing just leaves me with an uncomfortable, unpleasent feeling that I havn't been able to shake. Insane19
---MS Watchmen01

Well, the whole idea of a Kickstarter is, and you all know it, to help fund something that practically do not exist at the moment of funding. Or almost do not exist. Right?
You are giving money to someone to produce something. Board game in our example. Its not a final product, you cant check it, there are almost no reviews (if they are its probably and usually DiceTower ;-)).

Its great that you are "rewarded" for that with more minis, KS exclusives etc. Because you gave money for the thing unknown. That is the point right?

What I hate is what I see on KS lately - final product presented on KS with some BS or no stretch goals. OR - even better. product with no stretch goals at all. Examples - Krosmaster arena. Manufactured product with ad-dons only, expensive. As stretch goals you receive some BS things already manufactured as well. What was missing - English rulebook? pliizzz. There are more examples.
And that are the things ruining Kickstarter.
05-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Oh, I get, & approve of, the original intent of KS: help get your project funded. But it feels like it's turned into a exclusive promo machine instead coupled with an exclusive club or something. Instead of getting the game funded it feels like fund raising has turned into the goal in & of itself on their side, & a contest as to who can collect the most swag on the consumers side.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"