Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide
04-04-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: Zombicide
yep.. it's nigh impossible..

there is a randomness due to some zombie action and player reactions.. but it can go bad for the players fast.. and once you are down a player.. it.. gone..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 02:46 PM by Thraxas.)
In the midst of painting my LNoE stuff today I decided to take a break and play a solo game of Zombicide. I did Mission 10 because it's easy to set up and doesn't take up that much space as it only uses 4 tiles.

I did end up winning with just Ned left alive(winning in this scenario simply involves picking up 4 objective markers from different places on the board). As you can see the zombies were very close to overrunning the survivors. I left the dead survivors (oxy-moron Watchmen02) on the board lying down:

[Image: zombicide.jpg]

This was Ned at the end of the game:

[Image: nedr.jpg]

All in all it was pretty fun. Maybe I'll record my next game in more detail.
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Re: Zombicide
That's so intense! Next turn you were toast! How are you enjoying the companion app? I think its pretty cool, I do however enjoy rolling my own dice!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
04-05-2013, 04:05 PM
(04-03-2013 07:30 PM)soundguy Wrote:  the dawn of the dead game.. for those not familiar.. was played with a bunch of collored chits. there were 4 hero survivors.. fromt he movie kinda. you had a SMALL variety of guns.. the 2 cops could get like a hunting rifle.. otherwise you had a pistol..

zombie chits had a number.. that you didn't see till you engaged them.. say you shoot at a zombie chit.. and flipepd it over and it was a 10.. that's a huge pile of zeds and you were not likely to kill them. moreover. seeing a zombie chit made a reacion role, that in my experience.. the hero usually MISSED meaning they were pretty useless for a turn. there were a few super zombies possibility.... a hero could become infected.. etc.. if a hero was down.. you could drag them.. some hero's had less strength than others.. etc.

basically you had to like secure a bunch of doors in a mall to win the game... i don't EVEr RECALL WINNING. the # of zombies was literally overwhelming.

Ask and ye shall recieve... well no one asked but here you go.. Watchmen02

http://www.witchmastercreations.com/dawn...boardgame/

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Re: Zombicide
Well done friskers I'm printing these out today on the companies dime. I'm all about free games!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
04-05-2013, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 06:21 PM by soundguy.)
once in a blue moon me and my buds play this.. when we feel like dieing.. Watchmen02

(04-05-2013 04:05 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 07:30 PM)soundguy Wrote:  the dawn of the dead game.. for those not familiar.. was played with a bunch of collored chits. there were 4 hero survivors.. fromt he movie kinda. you had a SMALL variety of guns.. the 2 cops could get like a hunting rifle.. otherwise you had a pistol..

zombie chits had a number.. that you didn't see till you engaged them.. say you shoot at a zombie chit.. and flipepd it over and it was a 10.. that's a huge pile of zeds and you were not likely to kill them. moreover. seeing a zombie chit made a reacion role, that in my experience.. the hero usually MISSED meaning they were pretty useless for a turn. there were a few super zombies possibility.... a hero could become infected.. etc.. if a hero was down.. you could drag them.. some hero's had less strength than others.. etc.

basically you had to like secure a bunch of doors in a mall to win the game... i don't EVEr RECALL WINNING. the # of zombies was literally overwhelming.

Ask and ye shall recieve... well no one asked but here you go.. Watchmen02

http://www.witchmastercreations.com/dawn...boardgame/

ps.. i have the old version.

might have to see the new version.. Watchmen02
04-06-2013, 12:29 AM
(04-05-2013 03:10 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  That's so intense! Next turn you were toast! How are you enjoying the companion app? I think its pretty cool, I do however enjoy rolling my own dice!

I was dead for sure, I'm not sure if you can see but there are 3 runners just outside the room with Ned. A couple of turns before I drew a all walkers get an extra activation card which killed off 4 survivors.

I love the app and have never used the actually character cards when playing the game. I, too, use my own dice. I got the glow in the dark ones as part of the kickstarter and I like to use those.
04-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I played this at Megacon a few years ago, but wasn't too impressed.
04-09-2013, 08:41 PM
which ver?
04-16-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 01:33 PM by Thraxas.)
I met up with an old friend the other day. He's not really a gamer. It was him and a few of his buddies and I brought some games over. The one they instantly liked the sound of was Zombicide and we played 3 really incredible games. It was one of the best gaming experiences I have had in a long time.

Easy rules, and fun over the top gameplay. One of the even stated "this is the best game I've ever played"... Maybe next time I meet up with them all we can crack out LNoE...