Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
01-05-2013, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 12:46 PM by ForestRunner.)
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
Hi LSD, (your username always makes me chuckle).

If I were to use them, I'd probably go 1 dot for the first one and 2 dots for the second one (?). Sounds feasible I suppose.

I still think Scary has got it spot on. Go to post #18. It's actually my post, but I've quoted Scary's proposal, and I've recommended a tweak for the explosions.

Our group playtested this a number of times and really found this to be best. It really adds a twist to Timber Peak if played stand-alone as well.

Happy hunting.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi, I really like this idea. From the thematic point of view the chainsaw, circular saw and all other noisy devices should be included in the same rule. However, it might complicate everything since they are not ranged weapons.
01-07-2013, 09:12 PM
(01-04-2013 09:16 PM)alderdust Wrote:  I like the "When a hero makes a ranged attack all zombies on that L-shape that the hero is on move 1 space toward the hero that fired the gun."

Yeah, actually I really like that too. Keep it to just the same L shaped area, or I guess maybe if the hero is in the center, then it would just effect the center. That way, you keep it from impacting the game too much. Not to mention, that does make more sense thematically. Zombies all the way on the other side of town probably wouldn't hear the gunshot.

(01-05-2013 12:51 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 08:58 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  No, I said that, in my view, they CANNOT interpret a gunshot as a potential threat.

Oooops. My bad - facepalm!

I've gotta stop reading the Forums at work!

LOL! I hear ya on that one.
02-18-2014, 09:42 PM
(11-16-2012 09:15 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Again, I am placing this in the general discussion area instead of "Variants" since it is really just something I am discussing as a cool idea. I haven't created anything for it.

I was randomly thinking of "The Walking Dead," and how they usually try to use a knife or some kind of stabbing weapon to kill zombies (or as they say, "walkers") if they can avoid using their guns. The reason is, they know the sound of the gun will just attract more zombies.

That got me to thinking... That would make for a really cool idea for a Zombie Card! I imagine it kind of similar to the cards that allow you to avoid having a zombie be killed by a gun, and the cards that allow you make the hero have to discard their gun after it kills a zombie.

It would also kind of be like the "Smell of Brains" card you get with one of the online supplements. The basic idea would be you could play the card when a hero uses a gun (heck, maybe even whether or not they are successful, since thematically the zombie(s) would hear the gunshot whether or not you hit anything).

It would allow any zombies within a range of X number of spaces to move into the space with the hero, thereby forcing a fight. It should only be one, or MAYBE two cards in the deck, though. Not a bunch. That would be something I WOULD think was too powerful if there were more than just a few in the deck.

What do you think? If that seems too powerful, it could always be on a roll of 4+ or something like that.

What if the zombie player was allowed to spawn a new zombie for every shot fired on their next turn and also get to roll for new zombies (up to the max amount allowed on the board).

This might be interesting, as it has the potential to auto re-spawn the killed zombie. Could be overkill, but in more objective based games, the hero would have to decide when using a gun outweighs attracting more zombies, just like in real life (or what we all wish real life could be possibly).
02-21-2014, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 07:30 PM by Sappington.)
See the new zombie upgrade from Blood in the Forest:

"You'll Only Make them Mad!"
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/18951...the-forest

Any time a zombie is wounded, zombie player picks a zombie that can move 1 space on d6 roll of 4+.
02-21-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm either late or I forgot I already commented on this thread. Anyway I like this idea. I think alternatively you could have an additional zombie spawn at board edge spaces closest to the heroes. In a setting like the walking dead the zombies aren't just coming from the spawning pit, they have overrun the entire world.
02-21-2014, 10:48 PM
(02-21-2014 10:28 PM)ch82 Wrote:  I'm either late or I forgot I already commented on this thread. Anyway I like this idea. I think alternatively you could have an additional zombie spawn at board edge spaces closest to the heroes. In a setting like the walking dead the zombies aren't just coming from the spawning pit, they have overrun the entire world.

The new "Hold the Line" supplement scenario is sort of like this. Instead of using spawning pits, the zombies all spawn in any space(s) along one board edge.
08-05-2014, 12:09 AM
i was thinking about this today.
you could make it a game rule that any zombies within 3 squares must then move towards the person that fired the shot.
that way i can also be used to draw the zombies away.