Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Strategies (How do you handle playing zombies?)
12-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Question Zombie Strategies (How do you handle playing zombies?)
When we get together I often play the zombies and more often than not my zombies lose. I'm not a very strategic player so I thought I'd ask how everyone else handles playing the zombies for different scenarios, hoping to get a leg up on the heroes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2008, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2008 12:56 AM by deadrabbit.)
RE: Zombie Strategies (How do you handle playing zombies?)
wel the first thing you have to think about is, are you playing the rules right? the most common mistake ive seen is how many cards the zombie draws. you draw up to four every turn. meaning if you have 3 already draw one more. then you might be attacking wrong. the heros must fiht the zombies on there turn and on the zombies turn. if your doing both of those right then ya its prolly your strategy.
6 steps to killing heros

1. make sure your thinking many turns ahead, and change your strategy up every once and a while so heros dont catch on, have a different plan for every scenarios aswell.

2. dont always go for the kill, set things up, block door ways and force them to run in to you. line several zombies up in a row so if a hero trys to get threw you he will run into a zombie then another and another.

3. practice. learn when you should play cards. who the better heros are that you should play cards on, and what person you should gang up on. learn combos like " this cant be happening and loner. or play "ive got to get back to the..." when there is alot of buildings taken over to better your chances of getting one. makeing it so that hero can never search again.

4. know the rules better then the heros, and catch them on every thing.

5. stay out of ranged and view of gun fire. its definitely the most effective way for them to kill you, get rid of them if you can.

6. get weighted dice that will always roll a six.

and if none of that works try giving the zombies a handy cap by giving the grave dead or something.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Also trying to isolate just one of the weaker characters, and send the horde after that one. Be relentless.

If you get cards that are not going to be effective right away, discard them and draw new ones. Keep that zombie card deck moving, don't hold onto cards for too long.

If there are scenario items or areas to protect (ie the pickup truck) keep a few zombies lurking nearby there.

Set up pickets instead of grouping your zeds all together. Make the heroes take the long way around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2008, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2008 10:42 PM by mqstout.)
My best advice: use your cards! you should be drawing at least two every turn. If you get cards you can't use right away or know you'll use in a turn or two when you finally catch up with the weak hero, discard it! (You can -- and should -- discard at most one card before you draw new cards each turn.) Unlike the heroes, the zombie player does not lose by running out of cards.
12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I thought if you have a single zombie player, they could discard up to 2 zombie cards before they draw new?
12-10-2008, 09:49 PM
its just one.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
12-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't play the zombies. That is usually my brother, the rest of us take on the roles of the Heroes because we have yet to beat him. We have come DAMN close but one of the Heroes always tries to be too much of a hero or doesn't stick to the plan and yeah....instant disaster.

One of these days though.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Watch your players, if one of the students goes off by him/her self then mob him/her.
Try to split the heroes up: my favorite tactic is to hold locked and wait for someone to enter a building then use locked to keep help from getting to them.

People often to try to camp when they have to find event items, this is the perfect time to swarm the building.

Don't keep all your zombies in one space spread them around in the area you want them in, I've leanred the hard way that shotgun and dynamite can really screw you over if you're too close together.
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
read through the zombie deck (no during play) and try to see which cards work best off of each other.
05-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Keep playing the zombie cards; don't "save them for later". That's the most common mistake I've encountered (that the players are saving the cards). The more aggressive you can play, the better.