Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zpocalypse, have you seen this?
04-12-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Zpocalypse, have you seen this?
I don't know...

Competitive zombie apocalipses sounds so dumb... maybe i'm too naive... but i can't believe in such outcome...

For me zombie apocalipses always feel like cooperative...

i'm probably passing on this one.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm excited for it.
It's the only zombie game I've seen that looks like it might hold a candle to LNOE. I've been pretty disappointed in the others I've tried thus far.
Plus I'm at a backer level where I get my own likeness on a survivor card and a custom squad board. Zombie17
04-12-2012, 10:47 PM
sweet deal so far..
04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Another $19k and this thing will be loaded with minis. If you haven't plopped down your $75 I'd encourage you to do so. That gets you the game, the Z-master and the K-mini expansions.
At $150 this thing will be extra awesome.

[Image: KS135_150_push.png]
04-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Man,

I for one am starting to get turned off about this game even though I started this thread with Enthusiasm.

The kick starter goals and stretch goals are constantly changing. I am also put off at all of the Kick starter supported material that wont be available for the general public.

I for one when i buy a game i want the whole thing, not 50 or 70 percent but a complete game.

I personally think this kick starter is jerking us around on all of these stretch goals..

You can follow the big hoopla about this issue on BGG if your so inclined.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I think maybe you misunderstand how the stretch goals work.
Without the support the game would have been released with tokens (no minis) and with no expansions. The added support has introduced the minis, and 2 expansions.

And why should the guy who walks in the shop a year from now get a custom survivor card, or customsquad board? People who support the game before launch should get something extra. And personal content costs extra, that's why you only get it at the higher supposrt levels. It's because of the backers the retail game will have 2 expansions, minis and a ton of extra content.

As it sits, you could support for $75, get all the little extras and 2 expansions from the get go. That's going to be more then $75 retail for sure.
04-17-2012, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2012 02:02 PM by mqstout.)
I'm with you, Atraangelis. I follow Kickstarter things for some time before I decided to endorse them or not. You can usually tell pretty early how they're going to handle it, and I, like you, don't like the way the Zpocalypse one is being handled -- for exactly the same reasons you mentioned.

Related articles on the topic (while from video games, the same basic premise holds true for any pre-purchase product):
http://gamepolitics.com/2012/04/14/shado...ve-content
http://gamepolitics.com/2012/04/16/peril...er-appeals
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2012, 03:22 PM
I actually went on to check all the available material because of this thread and came to the conclusion, that I want to be a part of it. I ordered the 75 USC package (with 35USD post...) to get both expansions.
04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm with atra.

Once the game makes it's financial goal and is actually released, the 'extra' content should become available for retail sale.. even if it is at an extra price premium.. it should at least be available. the people that backed it early on can hang that plaque on their wall.. " I helped float the game" and I paid less for ALL the stuff than those buying retail.

I personally won't buy a game.. If i can't get all of it. and I don't like buying ALL of a game at once. to many times have plunked down a couple dead presidents topick up a complete game with expansions only to find out it's not as fun as the art images make it out to be. now I buy basic boxed set.. play it.. if it looks ok.. then I go get all the stuff. did that with LNOE.. liked it.. dove in.. no way I would have plunked down all that green for the entire game and expansions without ever playing it first... if i was rich.. might be different..

(04-16-2012 11:01 PM)Wade Wrote:  And why should the guy who walks in the shop a year from now get a custom survivor card, or customsquad board? People who support the game before launch should get something extra.
04-18-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm definitely passing on this one...

Zombicide is more my way to roll... And has 71 Miniatures to start with... Several types of zombies and scenarios... 6 Heroes + 3 Kick Starter Promo...

The game looks and feels amazing... That is the one i'm going to get.

Take a look

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cool...ref=search

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...