Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zpocalypse, have you seen this?
04-21-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: Zpocalypse, have you seen this?
Update again: Zpocalypse reached the 150k mark yesterday and is at 164k now. The 150k mark gave all backers of 75 USD (the Z-master expansion owners) the 4 new zombies. I believe the rules for these special zombie types came along as well, or were included before any minis were made. Image:

Anyway, apparently they weren't content as the money seems to be pouring in during these last few days. They made a 165k stretch for downloadable translated versions of the rulebook and cards (meh, never going to translate to Finnish anyway...) and then a stretch for 171k, which would give the opportunity to buy adapter board pieces and additional K-Mini expansion set pieces. All board pieces are two-sided, so I frankly don't understand why they went to make the interlocking mechanism so that it wouldn't work both ways without adapter pieces in the first place... Anyway, the extra K-mini pieces seem like a nice addition. In total, the game would then feature 12-16 board pieces from the original Zpocalypse, 8 board pieces from the K-mini expansion, another 8 (same K-mini expansion boards) from the 171k stretch and a set of adapter pieces. All in all, that would be a minimum of 28 two-sided boards which can be used in any combination. That sounds like a pretty nice, random environment. Still think they should have done the adapter things from the get-go though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2012, 02:01 PM
(04-18-2012 03:41 PM)soundguy Wrote:  hmm.. havn't seen it yet.. will have to take a look
hmm.. will have to go take a look at it
hmm.. will have to go take a look at it
weird.. board ain't taking my replies?

I'll have to go check out zombicide!
weird.. board ain't taking my replies?

I'll have to go check out zombicide!

Anybody remember Tommy Two-Times from Goodfellas??

Just kidding you, soundguy. I understand there must have been a blip on the forum when you were trying to post. Watchmen02

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
04-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Update: With 22 hours still to go, Zpocalypse has reached 182k. So we got the second set of K-mini boards and the adapter boards. With 180k they also added yet another 10 cards to the game and a downloadable free soundtrack. If they reach 200k, the game will include a custom artwork dice bag. Anyone else feel like they are running out of ideas? ^_^ Anyway, the game has expanded quite a bit already so I am not complaining too much.

At the moment I will get the following for $120:

Zpocalypse base game (20 2-sided boards, 9 unique hero figures, 15 male+15 female zombies, 8 extra dice. 1-4 players, all with heroes) $55+
Z-Master expansion (5th player possibility playing the special zombies. 30 new zombie minis: 5 fat, 5 heavily armored, 10 tall&slim,10 small&mutilated) $75+
K-mini expansion (4 new 2-sided boards, new cards including 2 weapon, 10 unspecified, 12 scavenging cards) $75+
Extra K-mini boards (4 same 2-sided boards as in K-mini expansion) $10
Adapter boards (4 full size boards, which allow the use of both K-mini sides in the same game) $5
10 additional cards to be added into the base game
Zpocalypse dice tower
5 downloadable wallpapers
Signed print of Zpocalypse's artist's, Ricky Casdorph's artwork
Downloadable soundtrack by Abbey Miller
and shipping costs $30

Only thing missing is the dice bag. Couldn't really care less about it after all that content.
04-23-2012, 02:31 AM
2 Hours left boys and girls... run up...

Loved the way new rewards appeared as they were over they expectations!

Didn't like the concept but can respect such compromise which fans!

Great work from those guys....

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Yup, the kickstarted campaign ended at 210k. Pretty good for a game, which originally asked for 15k Watchmen02 The 210k means that everyone who ordered anything worth $10 or above will also get the custom dice bag.
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
pretty good?

was totally awesome i guess...

The miniatures changed about 3 or 4 times in quality....

a lot of content were added...

a soundtrack will be developed...

this besides a whole load of stuff

I guess it ended epically for them...

It isn't like ogre from steve jackson... but was amazing!

Hope that zombicide gets this big.... and this earn more stuff for it too... besides the original stretch goals... that i suppose will all be surpassed...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-23-2012, 02:19 PM
can't wait to see it hit shelves or be stocked somewhere..
04-23-2012, 02:19 PM
can't wait to see it hit shelves or be stocked somewhere..
04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
(04-21-2012 02:01 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Anybody remember Tommy Two-Times from Goodfellas??

"I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers" Watchmen02
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 06:42 PM by Wade.)
Soundguy: You recently change your browser to IE9?
I have the same problem with double posts, etc.