Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zpocalypse, have you seen this?
04-18-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Zpocalypse, have you seen this?
For me Zombicide seems too close to LNoE to make it worth my time. I have admittedly looked into it only superficially, but it seems like a very similar, scenario/tactical action game. What I see in Zpocalypse is a more strategic, "simulator" style game with (for sure) heavier rules, which hopefully add depth to the game. I enjoy LNoE for what it is, a fast paced action game. I just don't see the need for another of the same. Please prove me wrong and I might consider getting Zombicide as well Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2012, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 03:43 PM by soundguy.)
hmm.. havn't seen it yet.. will have to take a look
hmm.. will have to go take a look at it
hmm.. will have to go take a look at it
weird.. board ain't taking my replies?

I'll have to go check out zombicide!
weird.. board ain't taking my replies?

I'll have to go check out zombicide!
04-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Ooo... that one looks good too.
Thanks for the heads up!
04-18-2012, 07:25 PM
i'm much more a fan of coop vs play-v-player..

(04-12-2012 06:48 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  I don't know...

Competitive zombie apocalipses sounds so dumb... maybe i'm too naive... but i can't believe in such outcome...

For me zombie apocalipses always feel like cooperative...

i'm probably passing on this one.
04-18-2012, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 07:44 PM by samuraitrev.)
I do agree I prefer the option of being able to get everything available if I love the game. I'd feel kinda cheated knowing other people had got stuff I couldn't get.

I take my hat off to anyone with the trust and money to support a game that wouldn't be made otherwise. Let us know what you honestly think of the games when you get them.
04-18-2012, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2012 09:30 PM by Wade.)
But you can get everything available, aside from custom content (for obvious reasons). The goals just add content that benefits everyone.
I don't see what you guys aren't getting about how this works. Backers get a few perks, like signed artwork and a custom survivor card, but shouldn't we? We are making these things possible.

The game will be released in stores with all the same content. It's not like only backers get the minis, everyone gets them, thanks to the backers. Everyone will be able to get expansions, thanks to backer support. These things were all up in the air before serious support kicked in. It's not like producing something like this is easy and cheap.

We (backers) just get a few perks for getting the game to a point where it will hit the ground running. And it's not like the custom content is free. $125 minnimum pledge to have your face on a card. I don't get what you guys don't like about it. It's not easy to produce anything independently. I support independent gaming, therefor I support independent game makers. The developers show their appreciation by supporting me back with a couple little goodies like letting me put my name on a game piece.

It's win win to me. :shrug:

Anyways, I collect zombie stuff. And getting the opportunity to have my likeness in my personal copy of the game is pretty freaking awesome as far as I'm concerned.
I'll give an honest review of the game(s) once I get them.
04-19-2012, 01:47 AM
the straight custom stuff like the personal likeness.. etc.. I don't mind not getting that.

everything else... i want retail availability.

as for 'bakers' making it possible.

I guess I'm just used to the old days where you made a really good game.. got it published, the public like it and your company soared. if the game was a lemon.. the co. went under.

facts of life I guess.
04-19-2012, 06:56 AM
Small update, Zpocalypse just met the 135k stretch, so now the game will include unique playable character models (and a dog), plus 15 male and 15 female zombies. I will go with Wade on this, though this is the first time I have ever backed any project like this. With initial funding and preorders the game can be made more fleshed out from the get-go. If such funding was not given, the base game (if even made) would include only cardboard counters to represent the various elements of the game. The miniatures could then be included in expansion kits etc, where we would have to pay premium price for their inclusion. As I already see the game as something I might very well enjoy, I see backing it as an investment to better the gaming experience. Personally I don't care for having customized content, but I do value quality components.

There is always the "to each his own" card to play, but I like the fact that we can talk about this like adults. It is quite rare on forums Watchmen02
04-19-2012, 08:16 AM
This is the first project I ever backed on Kickstarter, and to be honest I don't fully know what I'll be getting. I did the $125 dollar thing as I liked the sound of the custom bits. Anything else I get will just be a bonus.
04-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Pre-ordering I don't mind... think it's a good idea even.

as for the game just being flat with cardboard chits, like back in the day with 'dawn of the dead' ? that's quite 70's Watchmen02

(04-19-2012 06:56 AM)Masterofmayhem Wrote:  Small update, Zpocalypse just met the 135k stretch, so now the game will include unique playable character models (and a dog), plus 15 male and 15 female zombies. I will go with Wade on this, though this is the first time I have ever backed any project like this. With initial funding and preorders the game can be made more fleshed out from the get-go. If such funding was not given, the base game (if even made) would include only cardboard counters to represent the various elements of the game. The miniatures could then be included in expansion kits etc, where we would have to pay premium price for their inclusion. As I already see the game as something I might very well enjoy, I see backing it as an investment to better the gaming experience. Personally I don't care for having customized content, but I do value quality components.

There is always the "to each his own" card to play, but I like the fact that we can talk about this like adults. It is quite rare on forums Watchmen02