Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Which side do you play?
Hero
Zombie
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
are you a zombie or a hero?
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 07:43 PM by mqstout.)
are you a zombie or a hero?
I've noticed that certain players prefer being the heroes, and some zombies. Here's my theory as to why.
A good zombie player relishes being the 'bad guy' and doesn't mind not being on a team. He also doesn't mind confrontation (as you will have to be the lone wolf in regards to rules disagreements and the like).

A good hero player enjoys the teamwork aspect. I've found in my zombie game, which is the same group i play risk w/, is that the super aggressive screw-the-treaty types like the zombies. The guys that were more diplomatic enjoy the heroes.

This is one reason I love LNOE, in that there's a "role" for both types!

Insane16
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2011, 07:44 PM
RE: are you a zombie or a hero?
I'm definitely the zombie player. I'm the rules lawyer in the game (and also the game master for our RPGs). I do sometimes want to play as a hero.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 07:56 PM by vikinglad.)
I play heroes usually because my wife (my only opponent 90% of the time) likes Zombies better. She gets a little frustrated when the Zombie cards start raining misery down on her like a monsoon! I enjoy the variation that comes form having a different hero team every game.

When I play zombies, I like the strategy involved with trying to overwhelm a single hero. I don't usually go for single fights too much; there is too much healing available. I like moving 3-4 zeds onto a lone hero at once.
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I usually go with either one, but I do prefer to play a hero. I find the heroes to have a tougher time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 11:50 PM
I like both equally.
Either side is a lot of fun to play for me.
01-12-2011, 12:24 AM
I am new to the game, only been playing about two weeks. In that time I have played 12 games total, 11 as the heroes.

I have found that I really enjoy the challenge of playing as the heroes, though with little success: I have only won 1 game.
01-12-2011, 06:41 AM
I generally play heroes because my wife gets to pick and she likes to win.
01-12-2011, 06:38 PM
I started off playing as Zombies because none of my friends wanted to be them, but I stuck with them because I prefer playing solo. I enjoy team games, but when I'm on a team I end up dictating to everyone else what to do, so I'm better off just playing by myself.
01-12-2011, 08:20 PM
I am always the zombies, never been the heroes actually. Not because I don't want to, it is mainly because I am trying to get my group of friends into games and as the zombie player it is easier to mediate as sort of the "game master."

Also many seem to say the zombies win or have an advantage, now maybe i am going easy on my friends to get them into it more, but I feel it is rather difficult to stop the heroes from completing there objective. It seems if the zombies are going to win it is the condition of kill 4 heroes (def not deck depletion Zombie03 ).
01-14-2011, 10:36 AM
I and my game team are new to the game, but since I know the rules at best I usually play the zombies and it is fun. I was worried about the 2 ZP mechanics for 6 players but it works fine. However one time I played as a hero. I had a priest and was sermoning with a meat cleaver - ahhh good times :>