Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Which side do you play?
Hero
Zombie
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
are you a zombie or a hero?
07-17-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: are you a zombie or a hero?
I go with staypuft on this. The difference is that my fiancee gets to play the zombies because she enjoys it (and I have to say - she's a tricky zombie master). I prefer to go with the heroes, so my fiance does not hold back and I get a chance to discuss several gameplay aspects during the game. We usually play the 'Die, Zombies Die' scenario with newcomers, but now that we're more experienced with the game, it gets really hard for the zombies to win!

Hikari, you said that you use the Escape in The Truck scenario. Do you do it with the Advanced rules (i guess so, because Gasoline is considered to be an advanced card, isn't it)? If so, is it confusing for the newcomers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm rather forced to use the Advanced Rules as DZD is such a horribly broken and unfun scenario that there's really no other choice. It helps that *most* of my group is familiar with the game, though, so there's no real confusion as everyone can help the newbie figure out what's going on. At least as far as my group is concerned, the people playing with us are able to handle the Advanced Rules right off the bat, as.. well, we play Descent 1E sometimes, and that has all the rules baggage associated with Fantasy Flight.

I'd be using Stock Up if I could get my hands on it... *eyes web store*
07-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Hmmm I see what you mean. My gaming group consists of people of every amount of 'gaming knowledge', but most of them had never played anything like LNoE before... I use to associate the game to some mechanics of the game War (regarding Fights) and Clue! (regarding movement and searching). Those who have played any RPG games or Magic: The Gathering learns the game real quick. I'll give a try on the 'Escape' scenario on new gamers next time...