Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
gears of war
02-05-2012, 06:30 PM
RE: gears of war
Really? That sounds pretty cool. I am not sure they have better detail; the figures that come with it look really good. This is a good solution for people who aren't down to paint. It looks like they cut off the front of the Lancer Chainsaw.Insane02

[Image: DOM_RAAM.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I picked up the figs that GoW doesn't have.There are some home brew cards for them on BGG

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I used the Mauler fig for the Grinder and Skorge for ...well Skorge. As for the details, the Hero-clix figures are ok. Nowhere near the detail of the FFG miniatures.
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
i'll have to lookup some pics and see what they did for painting ideas.
02-13-2012, 09:28 PM
with the reports of the excellent AI paired with the sexy minis, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered up the game.
02-14-2012, 02:30 PM
i don't believe you will be disapointed.

can't wait to get some expansions now!!!
02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Munkymuddface you do know the figures come unpainted right? The ones I talked about are Heroclix.... sold separately.
02-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Yup, i am aware. I am not quite ambitious enough to paint them, but even unpainted, they are still some sexy minis.
Game got delivered today, looking forward to unpacking it tonight after work....
02-15-2012, 11:33 PM
(02-15-2012 09:19 PM)munkymuddface Wrote:  Yup, i am aware. I am not quite ambitious enough to paint them, but even unpainted, they are still some sexy minis.
Game got delivered today, looking forward to unpacking it tonight after work....

I think these figs would look great if painted with the technique Kiddarqo used to paint his FANG minis. It is a bit faster, simpler of a technique, but as shown by Kiddarqo, it can have some very nice results. You may surprise yourself.
02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
A friend brought it over here last night and we tried the supersonic device scenario. There were a few close calls but we completed a 4 player game with only the Cole Train down. That guy's a champ.

I've seen some 'I can't wait for expansions!' in this thread, but has anyone said if they're even making any or not yet?

(I may have missed it admittedly)