Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what all zombie games are you guys playing
02-05-2011, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 02:40 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: what all zombie games are you guys playing
I have Zombies!!! 1, 2, 3 and 3.5 quite a fun game it is definitely every man for themselves! Quite handy to take if you are traveling and you don't wanna miss your zombie fix. 3/5

LNOE best zombie game I've played so far. 5/5

Heroquest by MB games and Warhammer has zombies in them too but I'm doubting they count.
Maybe we should put a poll together for best zombie game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 10:06 PM
have played many an hour of hero's quest and adv HQ
02-06-2011, 01:57 AM
(10-05-2010 06:30 PM)TheHun Wrote:  
(09-15-2010 02:06 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  Honestly, I found Zombies!!! to be fun the first few times, but the longer I played it, the less fun it became -- and the expansions actually added less and less to the game each time. Then I found LNoE, and I felt it really took what was fun about the Zombies!!! game, and combined it with what was fun about Betrayal at House on the Hill, and made it something new and awesome.

I've stopped playing Zombies!!! or buying its expansions. LNoE is my zombie game.

I play other board games, but none with zombie elements (unless you count Betrayal at House on the Hill, which might have a zombie scenario).

How do you like Betrayal at House on the Hill? I'm thinking about picking it up but I'm not sure how much replay value it has. What are your thoughts on the game?

Try it. It's like no other game you've ever played ! The only "downside" is the limited number of scenarios (50 "haunts" as they're called) but well enough to have a whole lot of fun around your gaming table !! Zombie03
02-06-2011, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 09:20 AM by dalembraun.)
The zombie games on my shelf that get replayed a lot are:

Dawn of the Dead (the original from the 80s)
Zombies!!! (1-9, except 4... can't seem to make it make sense when combining with other versions)
LNoE
Lord of the Fries
Betrayal at House on the Hill
...and Zombinion (a Zombie-themed version of the first three Dominion games)

I also enjoy Martians!!! (yep, based on Zombies!!!, and i hope they do a sequel) and IfOS (more than Martians!!!)
Perhaps I should explain what Zombinion is like. Someone on BGG posted a re-theme of Dominion, using L4D artwork and new titles and new terminology, but the card text and play is exactly the same. Instead of going for Estates, Duchies and Provinces, you're going for 1 Zombie, 3 More Zombies, and 6 Even More Zombies victory points. You use Bullets, Shells and Slugs instead of coins, and you get Infected instead of Cursed. He then posted the sequel -- Zombinion:Entrails (instead of Dominion:Intrigue) -- and the third, Zombinion: Genocide (instead of Seaside).

I took his artwork pdfs, extracted the individual cards, and then spent a few hours on ArtsCow making 22 distinctly different packs of 54 cards. Fortunately, I had just received a special coupon code to get each pack for less than 4 bucks each AND free shipping! What would have cost me over $300 ended up being around $100, which was less than the cost of buying all three Dominion sets. I added in blood red glass tokens (embargo) and spent .22 shells (coin) for the extra tokens from Genocide, and it rocks!
02-06-2011, 04:01 PM
A few years ago I picked up 5 packs of Undead for Heroscape. I've set up a number of scenarios using Zombies vs whatever (cowboys, ninjas, robots, whatever) and it's been a blast every time.

And if you can find a copy, Mall of Horror is a great Screw You game to play with your friends. It's a totally different game than Zombies, but in my opinion, it's much more fun. But nothing beats LNOE.
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Zombies
Last Night on Earth
Off the Dead
02-07-2011, 03:21 PM
interesting.. zeds for heroscape...
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Zombie Plague - It makes the cut...
Office Zombie (or something alike) - A lot of work to make it better...
Last night on Earth - EPIC!
02-24-2012, 10:54 PM
hmm zombie plauge.. can't recall if I've seen it or not.. got sooo many zed games now.. Watchmen02
02-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Thus far LNOE is my favorite (of course).
I have The Walking dead (graphic novel version) and it's fun. Solo play is good on it.
All things Zombie (the tile version, not the minitures version). Can't really get into it, only played solo a couple times.
Oh no, Zombies! Fun but really a cheaply made game and really, really, simple. Good for younger kids as it's easy to learn and the games are really short. Did I mention it was cheap?

Want to try:
ATZ minitures game.
Zombies!
The Walking Dead TV version.