Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Zombies or Heroes
Zombies
Heroes
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
who wins more in your games zombies or hereos?
03-10-2013, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 12:28 AM by Akfromla.)
RE: who wins more in your games zombies or hereos?
It's been pretty even with our group. I love playing as the zombies and I almost see it as a bit of a chess match with my 1sq movement. I have to look at entrances and exits to buildings and controlling the center big squares is key since that will slow hero movement. But then again it always depends on the scenario.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Whichever one Im playing Zombie03

Zombies have a tough time if youre down on luck, for example zombie placement and late spawning, heroes tend to be easier to win with imo Watchmen02
04-23-2013, 01:52 PM
At the moment it's been about 75% zombies, 25% humans. However, I think that's more a reflection of me knowing the rules / having played more than my friends for the most part at the moment and me being the zombie player more often. I figure it will move around a bit more as they become a bit more comfortable.

In the 25% the humans have won though, it's been a total win with usually no question that it's going to end up that way before even turn ten...which I find is usually a result of the zombie player getting no "play immediately" cards in his first turn, or at least that's a correlation I've seen in my relatively small sample size. Even if it's just a lights out, it makes the human players a little paranoid of that part of the board, allowing a better concentration of zombie forces.
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
zombies seem to win most of the time when I play.
05-03-2013, 03:15 AM
When I play, I'm usually the zombies since it's my game. I usually don't want to win. I think the ideal game is having it come down to the last couple turns and then seeing the humans win. When I win I feel bad...Hey come over and play my game so I can beat you!

That said, I'd say my victories depend on the mission..But overall, Zombies win %60. Fairly even. And some dumb human players could be the only difference.
05-21-2013, 01:51 AM
In my limited experience, the zombies have won about 90 percent of the time regardless of who is playing them.
05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
I've been collecting data on games that my nephew and I play (to minimize any biases that the skill of the players have) and out of 16 games, the Heroes won 9 times (56.3%). We've been playing the scenarios an even number of times with us changing sides, and this is the breakdown:

Burn 'Em Out - Heroes 2, Zombies 2
Defend the Manor House - Heroes 1, Zombies 3
Die Zombies Die! - Heroes 2, Zombies 0
Escape in the Truck - Heroes 1, Zombies 1
Plague Carriers - Heroes 1, Zombies 1
Save the Townsfolk - Heroes 2, Zombies 0

As we add more games, we're going to see some scenarios where Heroes win more often and vice versa.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2013, 02:20 PM
The only scenario that heroes always win is the Die Zombies Die!, In other scenarios in most cases the Zombies win.

[]'s
06-26-2013, 04:26 AM
(05-21-2013 08:03 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I've been collecting data on games that my nephew and I play (to minimize any biases that the skill of the players have) and out of 16 games, the Heroes won 9 times (56.3%). We've been playing the scenarios an even number of times with us changing sides, and this is the breakdown:

Burn 'Em Out - Heroes 2, Zombies 2
Defend the Manor House - Heroes 1, Zombies 3
Die Zombies Die! - Heroes 2, Zombies 0
Escape in the Truck - Heroes 1, Zombies 1
Plague Carriers - Heroes 1, Zombies 1
Save the Townsfolk - Heroes 2, Zombies 0

As we add more games, we're going to see some scenarios where Heroes win more often and vice versa.

I also have seen that Defend the Manor is mostly won by Zombies.
07-01-2013, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 03:42 AM by ForestRunner.)
First post for a while. Lol.

We essential have two different LNOE games - everything pre TP (as in everything available in the range), and TP so far is "the second game" or "the next chapter" in the story.

"Standard" LNOE: Zombies win 55%-60% of the time. This is a good balance IMHO.

TP: Zombies win somewhere between 60%-70% of the time. It shows the heroes are up against it. It's like "the next chapter" represents the next level in a game, thus getting harder.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...