TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: What games have you bought recently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I'm m sill digging in GW money pit. Bladeborn has really hooked me I've picked the other 4 warbands that
the Base Game provided Cards for & am now embarking on some other warbands that I need to convert to
Bladeborn.

Conversion isn't too difficult as the Fighter stats/Abilities are basically the same used in GW Warcry but trying
to work the Bladeborn Campaign system is a major problem. I'm getting around it by making the battles
with these warbands 1 off so I can just ignore trying to shoehorn in the campaign system.

I just got my first 2 non Bladeborn Warbands, Spiteclaw's Swarm (Skraven) & Magore's Fiends (Khrone Chaos Warriors)
& plan to pick up The Wurmsplat (Nurgle) & the Corvus Cabral which I've worked out the stats/abilities for.

I'm really amazed at how well these GW snap together plastic figs work they are easy to assemble (well just a bit of cursing
on a few figs) and once in place they stay together) .

OD
(04-09-2022 01:03 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really amazed at how well these GW snap together plastic figs work they are easy to assemble (well just a bit of cursing
on a few figs) and once in place they stay together) .

OD

Their figures are expensive as hell but I still think (sculpt wise) they're the best on the market. They've also come a long way in regards to making sure that joins and mould lines are hidden (most of the time) when you fit them together.

One thing I've got to know (crossing fingers), have you painted any of your warbands?
The joints really well or & if a crack exists it's so small that painting will easily cover it.
No painting yet but it would be a shame not to & as most of the warbands are grey plastic
a paint job would help their identify on the Board.

I'm also afraid I'm digging too deeply into the GW money pit as I worked stats/Abilities for
The Unmade ,Iron Golems, & the Untaimed Beasts so at some point I'll add them. I did take
advantage that my Crypt Hunters Game has enough Chainrasps figs to make a Wandering Dead Warband.

I also found a good deal on ebay for the Victory/Deployment/Twist Cards from Warcry Red Harvest
& have converted them over to Bladeborn Games.

OD
The Evil Empire strikes Again! I have been buying the extra Warbands the Bladeborn Game provided Cards for
& a few more that I've converted to Bladeborne Stats & Abilities. I had 1 Warband left to get The Wurmsplat
& now GW is removing these cheaper Units (well cheaper by GW standards $25-$35 ) from the webstore.
It's a purge (24 in all) of Underworlds Warbands.

They sent out an email saying get them while you still can so I ordered the Wurmsplat . That will almost complete
my Bladeborn Game Generator , I still need the Corvus Cabral (I just love those figs) but there a Warcry Box $55
so I'll need to let my plastic cool a bit.

OD
Just spent a couple of hours assembling the 3 Wurmsplat figs. (I did break for lunch & it was needed).These are the worst figs
to assemble I run into yet! The direction diagrams as shown are not going to work & lead to frustration in several cases.

I thought I might have to clip off the pegs & use glue but I finally worked around the problem (a couple of the heads just
won't work if you try putting them on via the directions & Felucia Right arm requires a whole different approach.)

I did use glue on 1 on one of the figs shoulder armor they went on ok but they wouldn't stay in place without a bit of glue.

OD
Just caught these messages. Sounds like you have a huge amount of new plastic. Your secret's safe with me. I just hope your wife doesn't realise the mountain of shame is growing ever higher...

Just reminded me actually, true story, I went into my local GW store a couple of weeks ago and I told the manager, "I gotta tackle my mountain of shame."
His response was straight from GW HQ. "It's not a pile of shame, it's a pile of potential."
I gotta admire the positive slant they put on things to just keep us buying more.Zombie17
Hey, sorry for the long departure. Things have been...not so great.

But anywho... I finally manged to snag a copy of Timber Peak! Apparently there was a long overdue reprint, as MiniatureMarket doesn't deal with used or old-stock. They have a few copies left and a 15% off coupon for Thursday and Friday. That's been at the top of my buy list for awhile now. Considering the prices it was going for OOP, it's a bit hard to pass up.
Hope things improve- Nice catch for Timber Peak.

OD
Congrats on Timber Peak!

Also, pile of potential? lmao, hahaha

In perhaps the opposite spirit of this thread, I just let go of a little over a dozen games at a local game store silent auction, including Dead of Winter, which just wasn't seeing any play when put up beside LNoE and Zombicide.

I did buy a Soldier pledge of Zombicide Invader while I was there though. I'd bid on used copies of the core game repeatedly on ebay, trying to obtain a copy to use with the Project Elite/Invader crossover pack, and they always ended up being sold for the same price as new at retail which is confusing to me...

Speaking of pile of potential, Did I need more Zombicide? Noooo... Not sure whether I should even consider painting the invader crew. I'm excited to get it to the table, so I guess we'll see how I feel after I get a feel for it.
How much Lovecraft does 1 man need? Although I'm currently on a Bladeborn Age of Sigmar kick I came across a good
price on Reign of Cthulhu (Pandemic) .& I ordered it.

It's been out for several years but I've passed as has it multiple Old Ones your investigating which I've never considered
as very logical. However I worked out some Home Rules so only 1 Old One is being investigated.There were a couple of Variants
on BGG that allowed you to use only 1 Investigator ,panicked Townsfolk & a way to get the benefit of multiple Inv. while only
using one.

So I put them all together into my home Rules & turned the Game into expanding my Joe Diamond Mythos Detective Game.
The Game comes with several Investigators 1 of which is a Detective so it hangs together.

OD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Reference URL's