TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: What games have you bought recently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Wow, I really want to try Talisman but haven't seen a copy in years. It was really popular back when I was first getting into LNoE and aToE and I'm pretty sure my neighbors had a copy, but they owned like 150 games at the time so I got to try maybe a third of them. It didn't stand out to me at the time, and I only developed an interest in more recent years when I started hearing all this love for the game from people who'd played it back in the day.
[/quote]

They sound like awesome neighbours. 150 games to play and you haven't got to store them all! Zombie17 I remember playing a friend's copy of Talisman back in the early '90's and I thought it was cool but I discovered Heroquest, Advanced Heroquest Space Hulk and Space Crusade. So, I passed on Talisman.

I've just had one of the expansions delivered today called, Talisman: The Adventure (1986) You get 8 new characters, 6 game endings that you randomise, 6 character sheets (helps to organise your character), plus 11 new spells and 37 new adventure cards. All the cards are mixed into the base set decks. I'm looking forward to playing it. It had no box but the contents were complete. I would have liked the box because I love the art but for £23.99 ($26.63) I was happy to add it to my game. I'm currently on the hunt for the other expansions but I may have to sell a kidney for them (I didn't say my kidney...Zombie13)
ISS Vanguard just arrived and the box is absolutely enormous. I started working through initial setup and am already getting excited to play. Gives off major Star Trek vibes.
Which Pledge did you get? (I presume you did the KS)-that's a huge Game with some cool figs.

OD
I backed at the gameplay all in level, but they missed shipping me the mini box and sent me some random add ons I didn’t buy instead, including a sun dropped core box.

This was one of my first backs after Becoming cognizant that huge thematic event games which always attracted me to FFP had developed an entire ecosystem on crowdfunding. Very excited to get it to the table.
The Rise & Fall of Anvalor-a Wizkids Game with an Age of Sigmar Warhammer Theme.
I have made a serious effort to curtail my Game buying of late but the Mechanics of this
Game interested me & my game willpower sucks.

This Game came out in 2019 & I never heard of it but recently it's been advertised all over
the Web, originally a $50- $60 Game it's been offered at deep discount prices (I guess a lot
of stores got stuck with copies & decided to unload. I picked it up for $20US.)

It's a Tile Placement nicely coordinated with the Age of Sigmar Warhammer Theme.It has
6 Sigmar Factions ,the Game supports up to 4 against 1 of 3 AI Factions (Orruk,Chaos,Skaven).

It's semi-cooperative but only Faction can win & a Solo Mode is included(1 Faction vs the AI.)

The Game takes place in a City (Anvalor) which the Forces of Sigmar are trying to build
& must defend again an onslaught of Enemy Invaders.

The Game is overproduced with a massive number of thick Tiles,5 types of dice,120 Sigmar Faction
Tiles & 24 Aspect Tiles & 66 Enemy Tiles,20 City Building Tiles & 60 Influence Tokens plus a thick Hard
Board Game Board.

I'll be interested to get it on the table.

OD
What in the world. Never heard of it. Sounds really interesting! Let us know how you like it.

The only thing I picked up recently was Zombicide Invader Darkside. It showed up super cheap on Black Friday last year so I piggybacked with a friend who ordered some other stuff to get free shipping. Took ages to ship and my friend just dropped it off yesterday.

Not mine, but a friend got Chronicles of Drunagar and the cube based action selection system is very interesting, Only gotten to play once so far with him but hoping to play more soon. I really seem to enjoy most Dungeon Crawls.
Sounds good. I love dungeon crawl gamesZombie17.
(01-10-2023 08:57 PM)Raynor Wrote: [ -> ]What in the world. Never heard of it. Sounds really interesting! Let us know how you like it.

Here's the BGG Link for the Game

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2637...ll-anvalor

I never would have noticed this Game except for the pop ups that that
started a couple of weeks ago.

The production values are over the top.The Box is really heavy but shipping
was like $4(I no longer understand shipping? )

OD
My God.... I just finished punching out Rise & Fall of Anvalor...it's 23! Punch Boards!
Nice art work & the Tiles are thick & big 2&1/2" by 2& 1/2" & they punch out easily.

The Game comes with a Tray insert but it doesn't look like it could possibly hold all
the Cards/Tiles/Tokens & dice. The Rulebook doesn't explain how to use the insert
but the designer has a picture on BGG that shows where everything goes & it
works plus are the Tiles are stored by Faction so Set Up is easy.

The components are amazing & the Designer really kept true to the Warhammer
Factions for the Tiles.

OD
I broke down and bought Bloodborne the board game this month. I have two friends who own the game, but it's got a 3-game campaign structure, so while I've played at their house fairly often, we'd only ever get through 1/3 of the full experience. I figured it was worth it to pick up the core game to finally push through some of the full sequences at home by myself. I also borrowed a Ps4 from a friend and started playing through the video game haha. As a fan of A Touch of Evil, the gothic horror really works for me.

Besides that I recently traded Arena the Contest for Chronicles of Drunagor. I like both games quite a bit, but as a light accessible dungeon crawler, Arena got ousted by Massive Darkness 2 last year and despite loving it at one time, it just wasn't hitting the table anymore. Chronicles of Drunagor has been an absolute pleasure to play through though. It's a bit of an inbetween, being light enough to just pick up and play, while having an interesting and compelling campaign I've been working my way through.

Lastly I've decided to finally complete my Eldritch Horror collection. I think the game has flaws, but I like it too much to never play again. I ordered a copy of Masks of Nyarlathotep, which was the only expansion I hadn't picked up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Reference URL's