Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Liliana the "Lost Soul" = GHOST?!?!?
04-24-2013, 12:46 AM
RE: Liliana the "Lost Soul" = GHOST?!?!?
(04-23-2013 11:40 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Has anyone else looked at the photographs that Liliana appears in? It's interesting to note that when she appears with another character, that character often seems unaware of her presence (back turned, looking another direction, etc.)

Now I'm turning my thoughts to other characters who may be more than they seem- heroes with the 'strange' keyword come to mind.

I've already put forth my personal theories about Heinrich Cartwright. Adrianna the foreign traveler is interesting, and there may be something there as well.

Good observations. The card that always sticks out in my mind regarding her is the one w/ she & Heinrich "A Painful Truth" w/ the caption "I'm Sorry". If any one could see her, Cartwright would probably be one of them. Zombie03

That makes me wonder, maybe she doesn't KNOW she's a ghost?

Speaking of Cartwright, am I the only one who thinks he's the one who save Argot Blackwell as a boy?

Quote:Argot Blackwell, Master Hunter

A masterful soldier, scholar of dark knowledge, and hunter of all things evil, Argot Blackwell has only ever known the cold realities of a supernatural world. As a young boy in distant Europe, his family was massacred by werewolves. Only he was saved by the intervention of a valiant hunter, a drifter tracking the beasts through the mountains and dispatching the entire pack single-handed. Swearing his life to vengeance upon all foul creatures of the night, Argot honed his skills over 40 years, learning everything about the dark monsters of the world...and how to kill them.

That's how I see it in my mind anyway. Zombie03
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2013, 01:07 AM
That thought had crossed my mind. It makes sense, and Cartwright's flavor text seems to suggest the same. There are also a fair few cards featuring pictures of Cartwright and Blackwell working as a team.
04-26-2013, 01:23 AM
A ghost....I went back to an old minis photo I did just to see how i placed her in the 'shot'. Perhaps I always knew somehow...?

[Image: normal_Mov_Atoe_2.jpg]

04-26-2013, 06:22 AM
(04-26-2013 01:23 AM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  A ghost....I went back to an old minis photo I did just to see how i placed her in the 'shot'. Perhaps I always knew somehow...?

[Image: normal_Mov_Atoe_2.jpg]

That's awesome. I'm kind of glad I've been a slacker about painting, because I've already been thinking when I paint Liliana I want to do her in a semi-ghostly style. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
04-26-2013, 11:17 AM
when i paint them i try very very hard to stay true to the photos. Always wondered why liliana had bare feet....

04-26-2013, 01:17 PM
(04-26-2013 06:22 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  That's awesome. I'm kind of glad I've been a slacker about painting, because I've already been thinking when I paint Liliana I want to do her in a semi-ghostly style. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

Now I wish I hadn't painted mine the way I did. I would love to see what you do with her.

On a semi-side note, a buddy of mine and I were talking about what color do you paint ghosts?

If you go stark white, with some cream low lights it seems a little too figurine looking, like a plaster cast.

Iridescent blue looks too much like a hologram/science fiction-techie to me, think Leia in Star Wars.

Iridescent green might be the way to go, but seems a bit sickly.

I was wondering what you guys thought.
04-26-2013, 07:26 PM
I was thinking of painting her like her photo, but maybe with a hint some kind of light/neon/translucent blue wash or drybrushed highlights. Never done a ghost, so I'll have to google a bunch of pics & try & find hints for a technique I like. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

04-28-2013, 05:50 PM
(04-26-2013 07:26 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I was thinking of painting her like her photo, but maybe with a hint some kind of light/neon/translucent blue wash or drybrushed highlights. Never done a ghost, so I'll have to google a bunch of pics & try & find hints for a technique I like. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

Remember..shes a ghost that doesn't KNOW she's a ghost (going by that card)....

04-29-2013, 12:13 AM
(04-28-2013 05:50 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  
(04-26-2013 07:26 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I was thinking of painting her like her photo, but maybe with a hint some kind of light/neon/translucent blue wash or drybrushed highlights. Never done a ghost, so I'll have to google a bunch of pics & try & find hints for a technique I like. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

Remember..shes a ghost that doesn't KNOW she's a ghost (going by that card)....

I suppose that's true enough. Nothing that says the figure couldn't have a little visual flair though. Just a hint. We'll see. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

04-29-2013, 04:57 AM
Mine's painted already, in a photorealistic style. I'm going to ask my painting-guru friend if he has any techniques for giving her some spectral highlights. (This guy's amazing, trust me. If he can't do it, noone can.) If he has any tips, I'll pass them along to you guys.