Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite Scenarios
02-23-2011, 02:49 PM
RE: Favorite Scenarios
I really enjoy Save the Townsfolk since it forces you to try and search as much as possible, I love it when you have to use one of the townsfolk to save a hero and then it forces you to search more, really good one.

Yep, the luck of the draw will really kill maybe 1 in 10 -15 games or so for a few of the scenarios. If your searching and you get the stuff right off the bat it just is not as fun, on the other hand if you just canĀ“t find what you need, that is also a bummer but a much more funner bummer for the zombie I tell you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2011, 10:09 PM
"It Fell From the Sky" is an outstanding scenario. You get a paper copy of it when ordering the Radioactive Grave Dead from the Flying Frog store.

It uses the meteor including in the base game. Without giving away too much, the meteor has crashed in the middle of town and can spawn radioactive zombies. So, not only do zombies spawn on the four corners, up to seven radioactive zombies can spawn from the middle of the board (above and beyond the 14 zombie limit).

The heroes must "destroy" the meteor by inflicting hits. But because the meteor is radioactive, there is a pretty good chance it inflicts a few hits of its own.

If you've got ten extra bucks to throw down on the bright green zombies, the scenario makes it a very good addition.

http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=39

Of course I also ordered the radioactive zombies with WEAPONS minis too. They're a little expensive for what you get, but there's nothing like a bright green zombie with a machete rising out of a radioactive meteor to really ruin a hero's day.
02-25-2011, 08:57 PM
(02-24-2011 10:09 PM)whitekong Wrote:  "It Fell From the Sky" is an outstanding scenario. You get a paper copy of it when ordering the Radioactive Grave Dead from the Flying Frog store.

It uses the meteor including in the base game. Without giving away too much, the meteor has crashed in the middle of town and can spawn radioactive zombies. So, not only do zombies spawn on the four corners, up to seven radioactive zombies can spawn from the middle of the board (above and beyond the 14 zombie limit).

The heroes must "destroy" the meteor by inflicting hits. But because the meteor is radioactive, there is a pretty good chance it inflicts a few hits of its own.

If you've got ten extra bucks to throw down on the bright green zombies, the scenario makes it a very good addition.

Of course I also ordered the radioactive zombies with WEAPONS minis too. They're a little expensive for what you get, but there's nothing like a bright green zombie with a machete rising out of a radioactive meteor to really ruin a hero's day.

I have this one and have yet to play it Insane21
02-26-2011, 02:23 PM
My favorite is Plague Carriers. For me, it seems to have the best "chess match" feel of all the scenarios, and takes the most strategy on both sides. I don't think I've ever had this one not come down to the wire and an exciting finish.

My least favorite is pretty much anything that revolves around scenario search items, since these are always the same game: Put Jake on the team and cycle though the Hero Deck as fast as possible, then use the hero's speed advantage to get the the necessary location and end the game. And I particularly don't like scenarios with the Fire search item, since all you have to do is put Mr. Goddard on the team to start the game with that part of the objective accomplished.
03-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Still being a n00b, I've only played Die Zombies Die and Escape in the Truck. I did quite enjoy the extra challenge of finding the gas and keys and almost made my escape only to die at the last minute. However the greatest insanity was getting a group together for "Die" and all manner of arguments broke out over the rules, Line of Sight etc - a reality check was needed for a few considering it was supposed to be a fun outing hehe.

Hopefully the next game won;t be so fraught with danger, but at least it drove up the passion levels - we then played Munchkins and it was much tamer - is that a good thing????
03-30-2011, 02:44 AM
"Defend the Manor" was a brutal nightmare for the Heroes, and the only incentive for them to try it again is to start with those Free Search Tokens.

"Burn 'em Out" was surprisingly fun (we thought it would suck).

The Townfolk one was pretty ordinary, and Escape in the Truck was a nailbiter for us.

I guess we need to play every scenario a couple of times before being able to really tell which ones are great...
04-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Plague Carriers: the zombie strategy is completely different.

Revenge of the Dead: the zombies can't afford to dither making this one very confrontational and high octane.

It can also be dependent the extras/expansions you play as well. Both of the scenarios above have generally provided the final turn to decide it... or a quick game constitutes the penultimate turn.

I also like Jason's web-based All Hallows Eve as an honorable mention. This is a fun scenario.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
04-19-2011, 02:11 PM
(02-25-2011 08:57 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  
(02-24-2011 10:09 PM)whitekong Wrote:  "It Fell From the Sky" is an outstanding scenario. You get a paper copy of it when ordering the Radioactive Grave Dead from the Flying Frog store.

I have this one and have yet to play it Insane21

My radioactive zombies have now arrived in the post. So I'm all set to play it. This now begs the question, will I be playing it this weekend with the girlfriend, or will she be dragging me outside to get some sunshine (Hissss!!!)
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Burn em out is my favorite by far, probably just because it was the closest game I have ever played. Just so happened to be my first game as well.
04-20-2011, 01:08 AM
I don't have any of the expansions so I cannot answer any of those... but of the main ones my favorite is Burn them out. My least favorite is the one with the townsfolk. I find that one is too simple as a human. I suck at playing as zombies though, thankfully my wife enjoys it.