Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombicide
03-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Zombicide
I know there are a few threads on Zombicide either comparing it or reviewing it but I wanted to make a thread where people could talk about everything zombicide.

Firstly I was wondering if anyone else thought that scenario #2 y-zone was way too easy? We had it beat in about a half hour. If you just avoid leveling up anyone out of the blue zone then that scenario is way too easy! What are your thoughts?

happy gaming!

..And no..I am not cheating on LNoE!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: Zombicide
There is a Kickstarter up currently for "Zombicide: Season 2"

Zombicide 2
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Re: Zombicide
Yeah I pledged so I could get all the goodies...I missed them first time around. Not going to happen this time!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
03-28-2013, 10:49 PM
My trade in came up short on amazon so I was unable to pick it up. Good thing is, I still have credit so when I get some extra bucks ill be able to join the fun. The more I see of zombicide, the more I'm liking the format, I like the web extras I've seen as well. Can't wait!

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2013, 04:56 AM
There are so many extra scenarios that guillotine games puts out, its fantastic!

03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Zombicide
I know others have posted about this game.
I wanted to add my own opinion

Zombicide has some fantastic miniatures. The missions "feel" good and appropriate for the genre. It lacks the story and depth of LNOE as developed by the cards. It is like "left for dead", a run and gun shooter as compared to the "resident evil" feel of LNOE.

The maps are too repetitive but they are good.

The building from dust tactics is a little bit bigger than the map buildings but it is functional. I cut one of the wall pieces to put in a door from mageknight. It makes the building more versatile.

The rules are ok except for targeting forcing you to hit other Heroes first. The expansions actually break that targeting rule by putting toxic zombies before Heroes.

I am happy to have both. Though I will use LNOE rules over Zombicide rules.

Ravage magazine puts out scenarios for Zombicide.

Oh and the kickstarter for the second set ends soon. Lots of bonus minis in the kick starter. Good minis for any game.

Any one here from Long Island NY?
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Play mission #2 Y-Zone and let me know what you think about it. I found it incredibly easy..like too easy

03-29-2013, 07:13 PM
As a newbie, I have a question: Why is it that the makers of Zombicide continuously go the kickstarter route, whereas someone like Flying Frog refuses to do so?

Are the minis so cost prohibitive that this is the only way that Guillotine Games can do business?

It seems that a successful company running over-funded kickstarters is about as hyper-capitalistic (and smart!) as I have ever seen. Backers invest in a company to the tune of well over a million smackaroos. Instead of stocks, they get Chuck Norris figures. Throw into the mix the ebay resellers of promos and whatnot and you come to the conclusion that Zombicide has become the latest Monsterpocalypse; i.e., it's not the rules you are paying out the wazoo for.
03-29-2013, 08:08 PM
We have played Zombicide a few times in my gaming group, and I am LOVING it. It still is, in my view, only a slightly close second to Last Night On Earth. LNOE is way better. But, I love Zombicide too.

I also love how the two are kind of very different in a lot of ways. So, they compliment each other very nicely for a zombie themed game night. For example, in Zombicide, you are more so encouraged to kill zombies. In fact, sometimes you have to. And if you don't, more and more continue to pile up. Whereas in LNOE, the heroes stand a better chance if they try to avoid fighting zombies as much as they can. But, to balance that out, there is a limit to the number of zombies that can be in play at once.

Zombicide is completely cooperative, whereas LNOE can involve teams, but is always Zomblies player(s) vs. Hero Player(s). Zombicide has more of a cartoony feel, whereas LNOE is more gritty and realistic, and more like a zombie movie.

So, they really both compliment each other nicely. My only complaint so far for Zombicide is something that our group thought was so stupid that we actually house-ruled it. Which is, apparently, if you and another survivor are in the same space, and so are a bunch of zombies, if you want to fire a gun, you are firing at the other survivors first.

We all found that to be kind of a stupid rule, not to mention we felt it makes the game needlessly difficult. If you get a huge swarm of zombies in your space (which you often do in this game) you can't shoot at them for fear of hitting a survivor, but you can't get away because each zombie costs you an action to get away, so with a huge swarm you wouldn't have enough.
03-30-2013, 01:17 AM
I like Zombicide but the KS promotions turn me off under the new one they have going I would need
to back 2 Games when I'm only interested in one.

It really does give you the feeling of the shambling hordes but the Tiles are just silly,you have
bathrooms opening out to the street & between a dining room & a kitchen.It has no effect on the Game
but it shows lack of thought in the graphics.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: