Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
11-14-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
(11-14-2014 02:39 PM)Raynor Wrote:  That's exciting! Is Eldritch Horror all that fun then? My neighbors have it but I've never been really pulled to trying it out because I've been pretty satisfied with Arkham Horror.

I have both AH & EH & like EH better, theme wise it's
much closer to the Mythos than the Monster parade on
the streets of a town. The monsters are keyed to the
GOO your on a Mission against rather than the grab bag
of AH . This is of course personal preference so take
that for what it's worth.

It's also more streamlined in mechanics than AH. You
should give it a try.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2014, 10:32 PM
Eldritch Horror is a more polished game than Arkham imo. The new expansion should be great, as it is bigger than the Forsaken Lore expansion already released.
11-17-2014, 04:01 PM
We just bought Smash Up and Boss Monster which we're enjoying quite a bit.
Also just backed Looking for Trobils on KS which looks like it could be really fun.
11-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Very nice! I love Smash Up and have tried Boss Monster once or twice before and did enjoy it. Love the art style especially.
02-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Well, I seem to have gone a little crazy. I've recently bought Legends of Andor (absolutely amazing, but until they sort out the expansions, not a great deal of replayability), Heroes of Normandie, Memoir 44, Descent and Mice & Mystics. As a mostly solo gamer, I'm wondering if I'm going to get a lot of time out of the wargames but I've never had any before. I saw Android going really cheap, but AFAIK there's just no way that plays solo.

In fairness, I balanced this out by selling Cosmic Encounter (just not my type of game) with a couple of expansions, so I'm not quite in the poorhouse yet. Only a matter of time, though.
02-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Legends of Andor is a really beautiful Game but it does need
more expansions-which exist in German but FFG hasn't
done anything to get us English versions.

Cosmic Encounter is a Game I never could get into, I
have one of the pre FFG versions & never got beyond
reading the rules.

The only things I've added since my previous posts
are pre preordering Gates of Arkham the Elder Sign
Expansion & picking up Banners of War the Runewars
expansion.

OD

03-07-2015, 01:44 AM
Latest additions: Tannhauser (I might struggle with this, as I don't have a regular 2-player opponent), Fallen, Elder Sign + Expansions (I finally caved in)..oh, and Descent is freakin awesome!
03-07-2015, 01:19 PM
I did preorder the 2 Battlelore 2 Troop Expansion & the 2 Monster fig packs (Dragon & Giant)
now they just came out with a Razorwing which I'll preorder as soon as CSI puts it up.

I'm still looking at Wilderness Empires the French & Indian War Block Game it was a KS but
should hit Retail sometime in May (probably will get but I want to see a bit more)

Tannhauser- I waited for ever after I preordered ,even joined the French Fan Site as the Theme
really appealed to me. I even did some homebrew expansions. Alas the Rulebook was a disaster
which rather turned me off but I did get the revised Rulebook later but by then I sort of lost interest.

The Pathfinder System & the fact you only have 2 boards (base game) did not work for me

OD

03-12-2015, 07:48 PM
I recently picked up Mansions of Madness & two of the mini expansions (I know its an older game but other then the FFG games I haven't really got my feet wet in board games). Looking at either Imperial Assault or Shadows over Camelot & pick up the painted knights from the official site.
03-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Let me know what you think of Imperial Assault. It's basically Descent re-skinned. I'd get it, but I bloody hate Star Wars.