TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: How did you first discover Last Night On Earth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(08-11-2012 09:28 AM)Denial Wrote: [ -> ]All of my other board games are pretty standard - Carcassonne, Catan, Trivial Pursuit, Spongebob monopoly (don't ask)..

Spongebob monopoly? Why?... No wait! I own a copy of Star Wars monopoly. Spongebob actually sounds like more fun or sort of...
Well...

26th birthday 2007, and my friends bought me Last Night on Earth on a whim. That same night we decided to try it out. What happened was this: We read the rules fast, tow of my friends played the zeds and four of us played the heroes. I think I drew Johnny... 2 hours later I had decided to leave my GF (playing Jenny) and the sheriff to their doom, as they decided to split up to have a better chance, and we lost badly to the zeds. It was like a movie! Whenever we did some of the stupid things they do in the movies, we got shredded to pieces!

My friends GF exclaimed: This game is broken, there has to be a faq at the net or something... But I was thinking: No. This game is perfect.

And it is. Absolutely my favourite game of all.
As a big fan of The Walking Dead I had heard about the board game. I hadn't played board games in a long time and even then it was more Monopoly style gaming really. Anyway in reading about TWD game online I saw LNoE mentioned quite a bit (both being zombie themed games) and decided to check it out based on how much I was enjoying TWD. Well, the rest is history Watchmen02
Hi....what there is a game about Zombies and its really kewl to play...Whats it called Watchmen02

well, my story is kinda boring. Im a game junky and i belong to a game group. Its called Games Club of Maryland, and this is their link

http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/

Some one brought the game in to play. He asked if anyone wanted to play. He said Zombie and game in the same sentence, so I was interested. I played the game called Last Night On Earth, maybe you have heard of it. Anyway, loved it!!! I played it a couple of more times. Then i went out to a local game store bought LNOE and GH. Then, eventually, ordered then supplements on line.

I try to infect as many people as I know to play it.

Last Night on Earth, is my favorite Zombie game, ever.
(08-11-2012 09:28 AM)Denial Wrote: [ -> ]All of my other board games are pretty standard - Carcassonne, Catan, Trivial Pursuit, Spongebob monopoly (don't ask)..

That's too funny. I actually have Spongebob Monopoly too. To be honest, even since I was a little kid, I was never a big fan of Monopoly. I found it a little too boring. But, it is one of those must own board games. Every house HAS to have a copy. LOL! So, I thought SpongeBob Monopoly was a little better than just plain Monopoly.

For basic/classic board games, I have also always loved LIFE. So, when the wifey (then fiance) and I moved into our first (and current) home together, it was one we had to pick up. Again, in there interest of putting a new twist on a game we already knew, we got Family Guy Life.

Anyway, loving hearing everybody's stories. There are some pretty cool stories of how we all discovered the game. Also, I'd heard of "Oh No! Zombies!" I have been meaning to try that out. I'm sure it won't be nearly as good as Last Night On Earth (no zombie game, or perhaps even any game, could be), but that doesn't mean it can't be fun. I want to have a whole collection of zombie board games now, especially for Halloween time. ;-)
(08-11-2012 09:54 PM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]Spongebob monopoly? Why?... No wait! I own a copy of Star Wars monopoly. Spongebob actually sounds like more fun or sort of...

Star wars monopoly?! You can buy the Death Star? LOL

I dropped by a friends house to warm up for the Foo Fighters show here in Lollapalooza Brasil... and we started playing LNoE! Afterwards, my fiancee bought me the game!
Cool Thread! I too started with Zombies!!! and a couple of add ons. I've always been fascinated with the undead and I thought the game was ok. The next time I was in a game shop (Travelling Man in York) I saw LNoE. I picked it up and looked at the back...

Pretty soon destiny called and I knew I had to become completely obssessed with pieces of card. Then join a website and type to geeks, like me, all over the world. It's my favorite game and it has never ending replayability. If I get board with the characters or scenarios I will make some myself. Then I'll buy or make figures/vehicles/props I can use and paint them and when I do I'll post 'em here!Zombie17
I found LONE in the most unlikely way... (cue golum finding the ring music)...

MY wife sat up one day after watching walking dead..and looked at me and said.. "Hey. You got games, do you have one that we can shoot zombies in??"...Zombie12

Needless to say in the span of 3.14 seconds... I was en-route Zombie01 to my FLGS to pick up LONE... after reading reviews on the way there for the best one...

The rest is history...
A friend brought it to one of our annual lakeside cottage board game retreats and I instantly feel in love with it and bought it immediately.
I was actually looking at "Betrayal at the House on the Hill" on Amazon, which my Swedish friend recommended, when I spotted LNOE in the "Others have bought..." section. Looked into it and was simply sold on the game's premise. Got the game last friday, played it 3 times Saturday night with a bunch of friends, and am totally hooked! I should have Growing Hunger, Survival of the Fittest, and Hero Pack 1 waiting for me at home when I get off work tonight!

I'm probably going to wait on Timber Peak while I explore my new expansions first, but I'll be at PAX Prime later this month, and if I see a copy for sale I may not be able to stop myself from getting it, lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's