TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: How did you first discover Last Night On Earth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I heard about it from a friend when we were playing board games, but he could not remember the name. I searched the internet and couldn't figure out which Zombie game it was. Then another friend brought it to a work conference... I knew it was the correct game instantly. I purchased it a few weeks later.

LNOE - Purchased May 2012
GH - Purchased December 2013
And since it was my birthday in March!
HTL Sup. - Purchased March 2014
SOTF - Purchased March 2014
HP1 - Purchased March 2014
RGD Sup. - Purchased March 2014
RotD Sup. - Purchased March 2014
SU Sup. - Purchased March 2014
ZP Sup. - Purchased March 2014
The way I discovered lnoe is I found it at a thrift store sith everything in it for 2$
A friend invited me to play a game with his neighbor. We had a great time with the game, but learned that his neighbor was a jerk.
My friend bought the game and we played a couple of times before he moved and would no longer respond to my emails. Insane19
So, I bought it myself and started trying to find people who liked the game but aren't jerks. Zombie17
(07-17-2014 12:25 PM)brunoreturns Wrote: [ -> ]A friend invited me to play a game with his neighbor. We had a great time with the game, but learned that his neighbor was a jerk.
My friend bought the game and we played a couple of times before he moved and would no longer respond to my emails. Insane19
So, I bought it myself and started trying to find people who liked the game but aren't jerks. Zombie17

I feel your pain on that one. Luckily for me, this story takes place after I had already found a group of non-jerks with whom to play. LOL! I have my gaming group, plus my best friend (and now roommate) and I game sometimes.

But, one of my best friends from high school came back to town not too long ago. I think it was last year. We started hanging out again. Since I had recently discovered board games like LNOE, he and I started playing, and he even joined my gaming group a few times.

That is how I discovered that life had sort of changed my once awesome friend. He was kind of a jerk now. He took the games WAY too seriously and would get all bent out of shape and p*ssed off if somebody pulled some kind of awesome move screwing his character over (all just in the fun of the game, mind you). Or, we'd all sort of jokingly rag on each other if we kept having bad luck or something like that. Just good friends having good fun. Well, he'd get REALLY angry and even start arguing with people. Thankfully my group chose to just let him say his crap and they just let it slide.

Me, I wasn't going to put up with that. That group of folks is my friends too. Our game nights are a lot of fun and I was not about to let somebody ruin that for everybody else. I was giving serious thought to asking him not to come back when he stopped coming on his own anyway. I was glad for that because I didn't want to have to have that awkward conversation with him, but I wasn't about to let him keep coming if he was going to be acting like that.

Since then, my group has added a couple new and really awesome people. So, all is good.
I discovered it through Youtube, I watched a video then at the end there was a randomly connected link to another video of Will Wheaton reviewing it.

It looked fun so I bought it, then all the expansions and online scenarios (Not got TP or BiT yet)
when i went to see my family and friends in England (i moved to USA), my friend Simon made me play. fell in love with the game. just took me a while to buy it as i didnt know anyone in USA that would play it. im currently converting people to it.
(08-04-2014 11:57 PM)stethebubble Wrote: [ -> ]when i went to see my family and friends in England (i moved to USA), my friend Simon made me play. fell in love with the game. just took me a while to buy it as i didnt know anyone in USA that would play it. im currently converting people to it.

Good to hear we're taking over the living one game at a time. Good work!
(08-05-2014 10:34 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2014 11:57 PM)stethebubble Wrote: [ -> ]when i went to see my family and friends in England (i moved to USA), my friend Simon made me play. fell in love with the game. just took me a while to buy it as i didnt know anyone in USA that would play it. im currently converting people to it.

Good to hear we're taking over the living one game at a time. Good work!

ok so the 2 people that i have made play the game so far, LOVE IT.
it can only get better the more people i get and the more expansions
My friend bought this game called Zombie Town. We played it over and over and found ourselves adding new ideas and house rules to the game. It quickly became too limited and boring and we were wanting more of a challenge.
Shortly after that, I went to the local board game shop to look for other potential replacements, and then came across LNOE.
After taking a couple days to study the Rulebook, my friends and I played our first game and it's been a constant staple in our gaming ever since.
The possibilities to this game has made me a little obsessed at times I admit. I immediately purchased every expansion I could find, even Invasion From Outer Space.
LNOE is now considered by my friends as The Zombie Board Game whenever they talk about it.
But Life happens, and now as everybody gets older, the opportunities we have to get together start to become less and less.
And this game has been the bonding agent for all my friends to have an excuse to get together and hang out.

As a matter of fact, got a Zombie Board Game night planned later next week.
If it weren't for this game, we might not have a reason to all get together and hang.
Sure, the games and expansions can be pricey. But its worth it to me for that reason alone. Plus the expansions always keeps the game fresh and new everytime we play.
My boy had discovered munchkin zombies and was wanting that for Christmas. As I was looking at reviews and explanations of it i disocvered some reviews for LNOE and that sounded way more fascinating than munchkin. Bought it for him but ended up keeping it for me and my gang. Got him munchkin zombies a little later on. Glad i chose LNOE for me. Zombie03
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's