TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: How did you first discover Last Night On Earth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Cool thread.

My story on LnoE, is a story on friendship, partnership, broken heart and loosing money big time. Oh yes, get ready for a treat Watchmen02.

About a year ago, my marriage was falling apart. We were seriously moving away from each other, after 12 years together. I was not to keen on the idea, since i still love my wife (and yes, im gonna ruin the ending for you now, because it will all turn out great).

Looking to get out of the house, and do a little me time, i signed up for a convention, where fellow geeks and boardgamer met up, to have a weekend of fun. Needing to see people and be social (and, granted, to see what my prospects as a single man would be) i went, carrying my collection of what i thought would be fun games. After a night of gaming, having fun and eating WAY to much cake, i have met serveral new friends (and a couple of old ones). I was invited to a game of "red dragon inn" starting way past midnight. One of the girls there, told me about her boyfriend showing up, and he sounded so cool. When he finally showed up, i nearly pissed myself laughing, since he was one of the funniest persons i have ever met. After a jolly good (long) game, we finished up, sitting and talking for a couple of hours. I mentioned that i was looking into buying a Zombie themed game, and was rather keen on Zombies. My new friend looked at me, and said, "dont do that". " you wanna look into this game called Last night on Earth. Thrust me, its far better". I thought about it for a couple of days, and decided to look for reviews on the internet. Then i got hit hard by Garfunkle and Oates, Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton. "TableTop" changed my view on gaming. I went to see if i could find a used copy of the game, and as luck would have it, there was a combipack of LnoE and GH. I bought it, and i havnt looked back since. I now own every expansion of the game, have figured stuff out with my wife, and got one of the coolest guys in the world as my friend. My only problem is this: the game has cost me a lot of money Watchmen02
I'm a sucker for happy endings. Money well spent.

OD
I'm glad things worked out. LNoE is saving the world one person at a time!
(04-02-2014 01:01 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2014 10:20 AM)spiritusXmachina Wrote: [ -> ]...and found a group of Zombie Nerds who so much like the game to paint all models and build the boards in 3D!

When/where can we see pictures of the boards in 3d???

Have a look:

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ngs-Part-2
I actually got LNoE for a friend who loves zombies. She loved it, but I really, REALLY loved it, and got my own copy in short order. Then when Touch of Evil was released, I snagged that one, too, and I was a lifelong fan of FFP from then on.
I originally wanted the Walking Dead boardgame, but the gameplay seemed boring and Ludo-like, whereas Last Night on Earth promised a gameplay more according to my tastes. So I settled for getting LNoE and then printing the Walking Dead custom characters, but when I finally got the game for christmas I scrapped the whole Walking Dead idea because, frankly, FFP's characters and settings are far more intriguing and genuine.
I had seen it on the shelf for months then one day I googled it and it had great reviews, so I gave it a shot and loved it!
I had originally bought a copy of Zombies!!! and a few expansions thinking it was going to be the best thing ever since I like games that involve miniatures and I like zombies.

Unfortunately, the game just didn't go over with me. I didn't like the "screw your neighbor" strategy and since I'm into miniatures and building miniature scenery, I was also disappointed that all the hero and zombie miniatures were the same. I contemplated building a 3D board for the Zombies!!! game hoping it would entice me to play it more, but then I came across Last Night on Earth when I did a search for other zombie-themed games.

I was intrigued by what I read:

Team play? Awesome!
Variety of missions? Great!
Different detailed miniatures for each character and several zombie miniature sculpts? Outstanding!

So, I bought LNOE and gave it a try. I really liked it and promptly sold my copy of Zombies!!! on Ebay.

Now I'm working on combining my passions and building a 3D board for LNOE. My thread on the progress can be found here:

sgiove's 3D LNOE board WIP

Happy gaming!
-Steve
(04-08-2014 10:11 PM)sgiove Wrote: [ -> ]So, I bought LNOE and gave it a try. I really liked it and promptly sold my copy of Zombies!!! on Ebay.

I did the same a couple of years ago and bought every LNOE expansion I could. No regrets and no Zombicide either.
No Zombicide for me either. I was tempted. Very tempted, actually. But in the end I decided that I liked the theme and the tactics of LNOE better and didn't want to muddy the waters. However, I did buy some spare Zombicide zombies (a couple of expansion packs) to add additional custom zombies to my LNOE game. I just need to get them painted to match my others.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's