TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: How did you first discover Last Night On Earth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
For many years I collect items related to the world of zombies. When LNOE appeared first wanted to buy it, but I was late and was exhausted. When editing again I did not hesitate a second.
(02-05-2013 03:17 PM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote: [ -> ]Last year me and the lady went to the Monster Mania con here in Maryland. We had friends that went and once we checked the con out, us vets (it was her first con and my billionth) realized what a bust the con was this year, but we were booked to stay all weekend. So we'd go down randomly and walk through the dealer room just to kill time. All in all the con was VERY weak that year. So we're walking around and this small table with books and collectibles catches my eye. It was weird that I saw it because the table was hidden off in the corner. So I'm checking it out and I see "The Fury Of Dracula" so I think to myself "This con is lame, I should buy this so we can at least go to the room, the lot of us, and drink some beer and play this." So Megg talks me out of it due to the price and how much we've already spent on the con. We walk around a little more and we wind up back at the table. I pick up Fury Of Dracula again. The Vendor is unpacking some more stuff. He noticed my Dawn Of The Dead tattoo and told me I might be interested in this... He pulls out Last Night On Earth. I read the back of it. I'm hooked. Megg still was worried about the price but I was sold at this point. Bought it on the spot. We took it up to the room and for the life of me couldn't figure out to play it properly!

That week my guitarist and his wife hooked up with us (he's a big gamer) and we all sat down and played. Megg looks at me and says "This is one of the best things we've ever bought..." The rest is history, customizing pieces, game nights etc... Good times Watchmen02

That is an awesome story! ;-) Glad you picked it up.

I've never heard of Fury of Dracula. I may have to look into that myself.
(02-05-2013 09:37 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2013 03:17 PM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote: [ -> ]Last year me and the lady went to the Monster Mania con here in Maryland. We had friends that went and once we checked the con out, us vets (it was her first con and my billionth) realized what a bust the con was this year, but we were booked to stay all weekend. So we'd go down randomly and walk through the dealer room just to kill time. All in all the con was VERY weak that year. So we're walking around and this small table with books and collectibles catches my eye. It was weird that I saw it because the table was hidden off in the corner. So I'm checking it out and I see "The Fury Of Dracula" so I think to myself "This con is lame, I should buy this so we can at least go to the room, the lot of us, and drink some beer and play this." So Megg talks me out of it due to the price and how much we've already spent on the con. We walk around a little more and we wind up back at the table. I pick up Fury Of Dracula again. The Vendor is unpacking some more stuff. He noticed my Dawn Of The Dead tattoo and told me I might be interested in this... He pulls out Last Night On Earth. I read the back of it. I'm hooked. Megg still was worried about the price but I was sold at this point. Bought it on the spot. We took it up to the room and for the life of me couldn't figure out to play it properly!

That week my guitarist and his wife hooked up with us (he's a big gamer) and we all sat down and played. Megg looks at me and says "This is one of the best things we've ever bought..." The rest is history, customizing pieces, game nights etc... Good times Watchmen02

That is an awesome story! ;-) Glad you picked it up.

I've never heard of Fury of Dracula. I may have to look into that myself.

It's actually a remake of a game of the same title from the 80s. It's just REALLY updated I hear.

(02-05-2013 04:25 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]sdmfcrypticrob: Where are you? "Here in Maryland"...

Are you around these parts? Watchmen02
(02-06-2013 03:13 AM)sdmfcrypticrob Wrote: [ -> ]Are you around these parts? Watchmen02

Pittsburgh. I have friends in Baltimore and visit a couple times a year though.
You ever hit any of the cons?
one of my roommates found it and thought it looked cool we played it all the time after that
So I have a group of friends here in Singapore...none of us are local, we're from all over the world and used to meet up just for beers at the local bars. That turned into brunches and dinners with our families since we have kids the same age. Occasionally a movie, but nothing "letting our guard down." About one year ago, my brother gave me Zombies!!! on a home visit. We played several games and I thought it was the best thing ever, but it took a year to get one of my friends and his wife to play, Walking Dead being the trigger. We all liked it and wanted to buy some expansions. My research into what expansion to buy pointed strongly towards "Forget Zombies, buy LNOE!" I checked with my friends to make sure there was interest. Did a lot more research, but couldn't find a store here that sells it, and buying from FFP costs almost double due to shipping! Finally found a store that would order it for me, and a long three week wait started. In the meantime I downloaded the online scenarios, found BGG and this site, by the time the game arrived I practically had all of the rules down pat.

So we all play, and to only mild surprise it was a huge hit. The BIG surprise came in finding out that this entire group of friends that I have been hanging out with for a year is a group of "reformed geeks" and several of us played Magic the Gathering in our youth, have the same favorite movies....now we're regularly trying to find time to squeeze in a game or two once a week!
LNoE was given to us by a couple in our gaming group at Christmas time. They didn't let anyone know that they were doing this so it was all a big surprise. We opened the package and there sat Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game. We had never actually even heard of it at this point, but a quick look at the back and we were pretty excited. We tried the starter scenario when we got home and it was pretty decent. We gave it a couple more tries, and now it's one of the favorites in our house.

Then i found this place... custom scenarios and characters and cards, oh my!
There is this german "magazine about tabletop" - MAGABOTATO. It first started at YouTube - now it has its own site. They "broadcast" every week and also do reviews about boardgames now and then.

In one of their shows some years ago they introduced "Last Night On Earth" and I was impressed. Ordered it online - played it in our Tabletop Club - and found a group of Zombie Nerds who so much like the game to paint all models and build the boards in 3D!
We have all expansions at the moment.

I confess it's not the only game we play - but one of our 3 favourites.
(04-02-2014 10:20 AM)spiritusXmachina Wrote: [ -> ]...and found a group of Zombie Nerds who so much like the game to paint all models and build the boards in 3D!

When/where can we see pictures of the boards in 3d???
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's