TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: How did you first discover Last Night On Earth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Someone brought this game over to a game night. We actually played with 7 people (there was a team of 2 controlling one hero). What attracted me most to this game is that after we played I did not care who won. The best part is the game experience. We had a blast! That is hard to find since most games are about winning. I got addicted and purchased all the expansions. Now all I need to do is play more often.
(04-16-2015 05:31 AM)August700212 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone brought this game over to a game night. We actually played with 7 people (there was a team of 2 controlling one hero). What attracted me most to this game is that after we played I did not care who won. The best part is the game experience. We had a blast! That is hard to find since most games are about winning. I got addicted and purchased all the expansions. Now all I need to do is play more often.

That's the spirit of this game. It doesn't really matter who wins because the game plays like a B-movie Zombie film with loads of cool moments. I had to get all the expansions too. Check this list just in case you missed any! http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...expansions
I discovered it watching Wil Wheaton playing it on Tabletop on YouTube, and I immediately fell in love with the narrative potential.

None of the local game stores were stocking it, so I bought it through Amazon and had it shipped to a friend in France who brought it over on her next visit.

I'm slowly building up my expansion collection - really hope they re-print Hero Pack 1 soon. I'm also painting all of the minis as I get them, will post pics soon.
I think the first time I ever saw this was at the only real game store I knew of at the time in Concord, CA, in 2008. My wife and I frequented there, myself for DnD things, we were big into Killer Bunnies at the time, and every once in a while I'd glance at the other big board games. I remember seeing this up there next to Arkham Horror, and thinking that it looked like a really game, but not having anybody I knew who would be remotely interested in playing it with me, just let in languish. Not that I have a super giant group now, but at least I have a chance to play it, and will. I think what really drew me in was the B-movie feel, and the actual photos, instead of art. I still think it's a fantastic choice and I love how different it makes this game.
I watched it on Wil Wheaton's Tabletop Youtube Show, and, while not initially interested, my wife talked me into getting it, and have been hooked ever since, my wife and I play at least two games a week...
I asked a store clerk and she recommended it. So I googled it and watched a couple YouTube videos and I fell in love with it. But I didn't $70 dollars love it. I actually got it for my birthday, and after playing it, I went out and brought several expansion packs for it. This game is iconic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happened across it when I was first getting into hobby board games. Couldn't resist checking it out after I saw the box cover.
Searching Zombie-themed staff on the net, I came across several games, including LNOE. I have to say that the art was already quite appealing. Plus I have been trying to test as many zombie gales as possible... LNOE is IMO the best of all. I have mixed thoughts with Dead of Winter, but in the end, the little care you develop for heroes and the predictible outputs of combat resolutions makes DOW less exciting. Still, I must confess that introducing a "hidden objective" thing on LNOE in a multi-game player (as heroes) would make it even more awesome.
(04-19-2016 03:51 PM)Reurnal Wrote: [ -> ]Searching Zombie-themed staff on the net, I came across several games, including LNOE. I have to say that the art was already quite appealing. Plus I have been trying to test as many zombie gales as possible... LNOE is IMO the best of all. I have mixed thoughts with Dead of Winter, but in the end, the little care you develop for heroes and the predictible outputs of combat resolutions makes DOW less exciting. Still, I must confess that introducing a "hidden objective" thing on LNOE in a multi-game player (as heroes) would make it even more awesome.

I agree with you, LNOE is the best.

I also have mixed opinions on DoW. I hear the upcoming expansion is just a power creep (high value on food cards, strong weapons and etc.) and does not improve the game.

The other zombie games or not memorable.

Now your idea to have hidden objectives in LNOE has great potential. I suggest you start a thread with this topic. There are a lot of clever people here and as a group they will come up with a great way to do this.
[/quote]

Now your idea to have hidden objectives in LNOE has great potential. I suggest you start a thread with this topic. There are a lot of clever people here and as a group they will come up with a great way to do this.
[/quote]

Mmm, this has not been a topic yet?

I'll then ask, and we'll try to figure out something!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's